Head of Recruiting (comp listed)
Work With Us
17a is hiring a Head of Recruiting to join our core team. The Head of Recruiting will be responsible for the most important part of 17a – the people we work with! Specifically, the Head of Recruiting will:
- Work with our leadership team to translate project needs into roles, including crafting job descriptions, coordinating and carrying out interviews, and refining effective, equitable hiring practices.
- Be a friendly face of 17a and chat with folks interested in our work!
- Keep a pulse on relevant groups, events, and organizations to grow our network
- Support and grow the team in other areas as relevant, by collaborating across the organization, adding to our culture, and developing new focus areas over time.
Strong preference for candidates with demonstrated interest in improving public or social service delivery and 3+ years of experience in a dynamic, growth-oriented organization. Excitement about meeting new people, building great teams and thinking creatively about network building will be important to this role!
We are based in Cincinnati and New York City – of course, with flexibility for remote options.
Must be excited to do what it takes to find better, more successful models for public service delivery – we believe that a lot of the most important innovation requires getting in the weeds on ‘last mile’ problems in service delivery that are often unsexy, dusty and complicated. Our team loves that kind of work and is looking for others who do too.
Improving public service delivery requires a team with diverse backgrounds and perspectives. 17a is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where employees feel respected and supported.
You could be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Excitement about the kind of work we do! You’re committed to advancing the quality and effectiveness of public service delivery in general and/or in specific areas of interest (e.g., health access, workforce development)
- Comfort working on complex, open-ended problems
- Experience building relationships with people in and around public sector, civic tech, and/or management consulting contexts
- Exposure to hiring process design – we will teach you our methodology, but you should have a baseline understanding and most importantly, interest in interviewing to build great teams
- Familiarity with DEIB principles in hiring contexts
How we work, and how you might, too:
- Curiosity-driven communication style – listening, responding, and engaging effectively with diverse types of people
- Creative, collaborative, and down-to-earth approach – we take our work seriously but love to laugh!
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to wrangle big ideas into digestible components
- Commitment to excellence – not just getting things done, but getting things right
Interested in applying?
To apply, reach out to email@example.com with a few lines about your interest and an overview of your experiences to date (LinkedIn or resume both great).