Portland, OR, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2023
Fight for more fair and equitable workplaces.
Oregon AFSCME Council 75 is now accepting résumés from people with a passion for helping workers fight for more fair and equitable workplaces.
Oregon AFSCME is a fast growing union, representing over 35,000 public employees and non-profit employees.
- Work collaboratively with members and staff to develop curriculum and trainings
- Facilitate virtual and in person trainings and train facilitators (staff/members)
- Planning logistics and doing outreach for trainings (in person and via social media)
- Can demonstrate working knowledge, through personal and/or work-related experience, in advancing racial justice, understanding how systems of oppression intersect, and applying an equity lens in policy and programming processes, and working knowledge, through personal and/or work-related experience, in the needs of and barriers faced by people of color
- Work involves long and irregular hours, including nights and weekends and in State travel;
AFSCME is committed to developing the capacity of staff to take on growing roles and responsibilities.
- Experience identifying, recruiting, and developing worksite leaders and moving workers and members into action.
- Experience developing and implementing effective campaigns to win good union contracts and worksite issues.
- Highly organized. Ability to work independently, without supervision, and to take initiative.
- Excellent outreach & communication skills.
- Experience developing curriculum and facilitating worker trainings and meetings
- Experience with labor movement, worker organizing, and/or coalitions
- Internal union experience: contract enforcement, bargaining, and experience with grievance procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations.
- Experience developing a training and training curriculum.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and energy for working with worker leaders to develop their confidence, hope, and skills as worksite leaders;
- Will perform successfully in both independent and team settings;
- Must have a valid driver’s license, ability to maintain auto insurance, and an automobile for work use;
- Have advanced ability to identify and address personal biases.
- Experience resolving workplace disputes and advocating on behalf of others, and/or engaging people in social justice organizing.
- Candidates with bilingual or multilingual skills are encouraged to apply.
See more open positions at AFSCME
Something looks off?