Administrative Assistant/Office Manager
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
Provides the overall coordination of daily administrative activities of the Administrator/Local President and Local office by monitoring the workflow, keeping the Administrator/Local President or designee abreast of daily activities, being knowledgeable of the status of project activities, performing follow-up procedures on matters as needed by the Administrator/Local President and directing office support personnel.
- Assists the Administrator/Local President in handling confidential
- Will assist with general administrative support and office coverage including answering phones, greeting/referring/assisting members, staff, or others, preparing documents and reports, compiling records, scheduling meetings, organizing, and maintaining information, coordinating calendars, analyzing data including budgetary expenditures, and providing high level assistance to the Administrator/Local
- Receives, reviews, proofreads, and determines the most effective and efficient methods for accomplishing all incoming work.
- Receives and reviews the department mail; redirects and refers mail to appropriate department or person as necessary.
- Maintains a departmental correspondence and telephone log identifying type of correspondence, subject, date, and principals.
- Assists with obtaining proper approval for leave requests and allocates assignments to ensure adequate department clerical support.
- Coordinates the collection and preparation of reports and monitors budget
- Maintains office calendar with information regarding meetings and staff
- Acts as initial point of contact for the Reviews and answers general correspondence for the Administrator/Local President and makes necessary decisions required to ensure timely accomplishment of the office's objectives and projects as required.
- Gathers weekly attendance reports from all office staff and inputs attendance into, and maintains, attendance database.
- Consults regularly at the discretion of the Administrator/Local President with the professional and technical staff.
- Assists to increase membership and activism (AFSCME Strong) throughout the local and its Chapters.
- Performs other duties as
Closing date: 04/10/2023
See more open positions at AFSCME
Something looks off?