Senior Revenue Accountant
WHO WE ARE
Oregon AFSCME Council 75 represents over 33,000 workers in every corner of Oregon. Our strength comes from 150+ union locals composed of workers employed by the State of Oregon, more than 25 different counties, 39 cities, special public services districts, workers at the Oregon Health & Science University and private, non-profit employers. Learn more about our work at https://www.oregonafscme.org/ .
This is a midlevel position with potential for growth in financial oversight and other responsibilities. The Senior Accountant will oversee daily dues tracking and complete the implementation of the dues database system we are now installing. Dues-related duties include oversight of distribution of local and international per capita payments, allocation of dues to internal Council funds, help with member data tracking, and communication with related organizations. As a member of our 3-person finance team, duties will also include some work with payroll and benefits and other routine small-business financial tasks.
The Senior Accountant reports to Council’s fiscal director and will occasionally take lead roles on projects related to their work and that of the department. There is potential to work with our 150+ independent member locals on finance and compliance matters, including performing training and facilitating member leader skills development. Over the next several years this position could become a more senior oversight role and play a bigger role in reporting and financial policy development.
- At least four years experience in labor/nonprofit financial management
- Excellent written and verbal communication and teamwork skills
- Comfort with remote work self-discipline and working independently, as well as taking on leadership roles when necessary
- The ability to manage one's time on multiple projects with multiple deadlines
- A commitment to advancing workers’ rights and support for labor organizing
- Intermediate-to-advanced experience working with MS or Google office suites, most specifically spreadsheets
- Ability to work on complex processes with many different people with widely varying levels of sophistication and experience
- Familiarity or experience with labor unions, dues collection and related finance and compliance areas
- Comfort with remote-work-related technology
- Experience working with and evaluating vendors
- Experience using Salesforce and other data management systems
- Strong cross-cultural and/or multi-linguistic competence
Some in-person office work will be required, and more is permissible, but much of the work can be done remotely. Some travel and irregular hours may be required. Position can be based in either Portland or Salem, OR, but some work, including much of initial training, will occur in person in Salem. This position is covered under Council 75’s staff union contract.
Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Excellent pay and benefits (scale as of 4/23 is $30.75-$40.00/hour base (equivalent of up to 83k/year) plus differential for lead work when assigned; 15% employer-paid 401k contribution, and high-end, fully paid family health/dental). Priority given to resumes and cover letters received by May 1, 2023. Hiring goal is May 15, 2023 or as soon as possible.
Something looks off?