Customer Service Aide
Primary responsibilities include set-up, beverage service, breakdown of meetings and functions, process all incoming and outgoing mail in a timely and accurate manner. Additional responsibilities include supporting customer requests as directed daily based on deadlines and priorities.
- Aid with meetings in the conference rooms in accordance with the schedule received from the Conference and Travel Services Department. Check conference room calendars throughout the workday. Set-up room, provide beverage service in conference rooms and break-down after meetings.
- Work with vendors during catered functions to ensure that food and beverages are delivered and placed accordingly.
- Maintain inventory of all staff lounge supplies for both HQ buildings. Prepare orders for approval, once approved place order, deliver and stock kitchens. Always maintain a minimum quantity of all stocked items for both lounges.
- Replenish supplies such as water, coffee, tea, creamer, sugar, and soda, etc. Stock soda machines twice a day.
- Generate monthly consumption reports and make recommendations to increase/decrease current minimum and maximum limits.
- Review the supply list monthly and make recommendations for the most cost-effective item for AFSCME to purchase.
- Make coffee each morning for both HQ buildings.
- Make sure that there is an adequate amount of PPE sanitation supplies in stock. Notify Administration Manger when PPE items need to be re-ordered.
- Make sure all PPE sanitation stations in both buildings are fully stocked. Sanitation stations must be checked every morning and during every beverage refresh.
- Maintain table linen inventory and upkeep including monitor table linen use, have cleaned as needed, stored and always have enough clean linen to support any AFSCME meeting.
- Breakdown conference room, remove and clean dishes immediately following each meeting. Empty trash and clean the kitchen area upon departure of caterer.
- Clean kitchen appliances weekly/monthly. Clean and stock break rooms daily and 7th floor kitchen.
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned and work overtime as needed.
- Provide a daily status report of all conference rooms in 1625 and 1101 location. Report items that require removing to the Admin-helpdesk.
- Will perform other daily Administration related department functions, such as, mail processing, switchboard, office supplies and fulfill local union supply orders and update the F2 inventory and process incoming UPS, USPS, or messenger deliveries. Insert materials, affix labels, collate, package and seal a variety of letters, magazines and printed materials.
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from high school and knowledge of mailroom services; or any equivalent combination of education and experience to provide the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Communications skills sufficient to exchange routine information.
- Ability to be tactful and maintain decorum under unusual circumstances.
- Ability to follow prescribed policies and procedures.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations.
- Knowledge of electronic mailing equipment, cutter, address label printer, and other Administration services equipment.
- Knowledge of U.S. Postal regulations and UPS rules and regulations.
- Extended work hours may be required.
**A skills assessment may be required of all applicants.**