Office Assistant III
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2023
This position provides intermediate-level clerical, administrative support and related work to the Department, as required.
- Maintain and reconcile records, schedules, and travel arrangements.
- Maintain department’s log by using database for all incoming requests; code and produce reports on a weekly basis for managers.
- Provide typing, proofreading and editing, which may include finalizing letters, memos, pamphlets, brochures, PowerPoint presentations, reports and testimony.
- Prepare and maintain miscellaneous spreadsheets.
- Route incoming mail and coordinate outgoing mail and packages.
- Answer and screen incoming calls for the department then route them to the appropriate staff member or take and deliver messages. Place calls as requested.
- Handle routine requests for information.
- Prepare mailings.
- Assist Administrative Assistant with finalizing Expense Authorization forms (EAFs), weekly leave reports, ordering of office supplies, and maintaining the department calendar.
- May design forms and other documents in support of department activities.
- Copy documents. Sort, store, retrieve and maintain files.
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Graduation from high school or equivalent.
- A minimum of (3) three years of office experience plus general knowledge of office and organizational procedures or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Thorough knowledge of the MS Office Suite – Word, Excel and PowerPoint – MS Outlook email and calendar, and MS Sharepoint.
- General knowledge of office equipment such as OCE’ copier, telephone, and fax machines; ability to do production typing.
- Knowledge of office and organizational procedures necessary.
- Effective communication skills to exchange routine information.
- Attention to detail and ability to proofread work for spelling and grammatical errors, compose simple correspondence.
- Ability to complete assignments independently and work under pressure to meet tight schedules.
Travel & Work hours
- Travel and extended work hours may be required.