Coordinates, directs and manages projects and activities under the direction of the Department Director. Supervises the day-to-day operations of assigned departmental sections, based on operational needs. Assists in the design and implementation of new accounting systems; procedures, controls, software solutions, and reporting.
- Supervises the compilation, recording and analysis of financial information.
- Designs and supervises the preparation of reports of financial information detailing assets, liabilities, net assets, revenue and expense. Ensures that financial information complies with GAAP and all federal and local regulations concerning non-profit and labor organizations.
- Conducts or directs operational effectiveness of accounting processes and manages the installation of automated systems.
- Assists in the design, planning, installation, training and follow through of new automated accounting systems. Coordinates systems upgrade with consultants and supervises staff during systems implementation and testing. Aggressively resolve issues as they arise.
- Supervises compilation of data based on statistical studies and analyses of past and current years to prepare budgets.
- Oversees comparative variance analyses of operative programs, including analyzing costs in relation to performance during previous fiscal years.
- Directs day-to-day accounting activities in the areas of assigned responsibility and works with senior management to determine the stated goals, direction and priorities of each area.
- Regularly apprises Director of all major activities occurring within the areas of assigned responsibility and confers on status of projects and progress toward meeting agreed upon deadlines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in accounting or related field. MBA and/or CPA highly preferred and a minimum of ten (10) years experience in accounting with a minimum of five (5) years in management or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of and experience in an automated accounting environment to include Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Budgeting, Financial reporting and General Ledger.
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated experience with design and implementation of automated accounting and reporting systems and automated solutions to accounting problems.
- Self-starter with proven ability to lead, plan, implement and complete multiple projects.
- Proven ability to lead and develop a team of professionals.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Manage various financial reporting processes including monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting.
- Detailed and service orientated.
- Proven ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of a variety of software tools for financial analysis and reporting such as Excel, Access, Office 365 SharePoint, Crystal Reports, Management Reporter, Solver or other report writers.
Travel and work hours:
- Occasional travel and extended work hours including weekend work may be required.