Senior Video Producer
This position is responsible for producing, setting and maintaining brand standards in high quality videos from concept to delivery, with a focus on human storytelling and cinematography. The Senior Producer is a seasoned visual storyteller, with strong organizational and collaborative skills, a high level of technical proficiency, a working knowledge of social media and industry trends, and an interest in finding new ways to use the video medium to deliver the union’s message. The Senior Video Producer sets, maintains and evolves the visual standards of live action video. The position also develops and proposes budgets, and coordinates relationships with vendors, as needed.
- Proposes new and creative video concepts to lift-up AFSCME member stories and the Union Difference.
- Serves as lead video producer for all AFSCME shoots, coordinating with Field leads, videographers and editors on scripting, pacing and overall visual needs.
- Sets and maintains brand standards in union videos, particularly in priority content.
- Works with the Digital team on analyzing video metrics and adjusting filming plans accordingly.
- Provides quality control on all AFSCME videos by reviewing final footage before video assets move to Department Directors and the executive office to help maintain the highest level of quality.
- Mentors video team members, teaching them industry best practices and how to create assets geared towards AFSCME audiences.
- Coordinates relationships with video vendors, as needed.
- Films members and union officers in studio and in remote locations, including coordination and scheduling.
- Proposes budgets and enhancements to the video union, as requested.
- Demonstrates and enforces a high standard of visual and cinematic quality.
- Reviews rough cuts and work from junior staff and freelancers.
- Helps train and mentor junior staff.
- Organizes and maintains studio space and equipment.
- Keeps calendar and task statuses up to date in project management software.
- Serves as senior video producer for AFSCME conferences and conventions.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Extended hours and travel will be required.
Education and Experience
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with course work in film or electronic media production, journalism, communications and a minimum of seven (7) years of related work experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
Experience & Skill Requirements:
- In-depth knowledge of video production from concept to delivery.
- Experience producing and filming on location in dynamic conditions.
- Experience producing videos in high output studio.
- In depth knowledge of social media platforms.
- Advanced multi-format video and audio editing skills using Adobe Creative Cloud software.
- Diversity in creative style with an ability to create content for campaigns with various audiences.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills needed.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills required.
- Extended hours including weekends and extensive travel may be required.
Extended Hours and Travel:
- Extended hours including weekends.
- Extensive travel may be required.