Authentic is seeking a Director to lead our Email team. The Email Director will manage multiple team members and build processes that will increase efficiency and improve results. They will work with a number of high-profile clients to run best-in-class email programs.
Authentic is an award-winning digital agency specializing in fundraising, advertising, creative and web strategy, online organizing, and more. We lead this industry with a focus on developing unique and creative digital programs for our clients.
This is a management-level position that pays a fixed starting salary of $115,000 annually, per our company’s transparent employee compensation, with opportunities to earn up to 6% raises during regular evaluation processes each year.
- Lead an Email team. Manage managers within the email team and provide ongoing support and development to those managers so that all employees on the team receive the support they need. This includes but isn’t limited to, conducting performance reviews, making recommendations about raises/promotions, discipline, etc.
- Assist with business development, including identifying opportunities to upsell existing clients, as well as participating in pitches and creating proposals for prospective new clients
- Serve as email lead and/or advisor for complex accounts — communicating with the client, setting content calendars and goals, writing compelling emails, managing client approvals, executing email production, analyzing results, and optimizing based on performance and client feedback
- Lead process creation with the goal of maximizing quality and efficiency across the team, including processes to protect and improve email deliverability
- Provide team-wide support, sharing best practices, supporting employees, and helping with coverage as needed
- Ensure all members of the email team are putting forward content that is rooted in the authentic and honest voice of the client, and that each program is unique to each client
- Use email CRMs and online platforms to produce emails and track results as needed
- Develop and deliver professional reports, projections, and memos for clients
- Regularly A/B test topics and tactics across clients, while remaining on top of digital trends and tools, ensuring we are proactive in innovating for our clients
- Effectively manage client communication and expectations across multiple programs
- Work collaboratively with company leadership, other managers, email team members, and members of the paid media, measurement and analytics, and content teams
- Proofread and ensure content is error-free before it goes to the client or to supporters
- Brainstorm creative email ideas for clients and encourage a collaborative team culture
- Respond to news in real-time as needed, by drafting and producing rapid messages in response to fast-breaking news
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Extensive experience and demonstrated success at the associate director level or equivalent
- Leads with a clear sense of purpose and direction
- Committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Significant experience and a proven record of success managing others and leading employees within a team, including demonstrated ability to provide feedback and advice to employees, superiors, and clients on a regular basis
- Advanced knowledge of digital strategy and email fundraising
- Deep knowledge of email best practices including theories of change, creative writing, A/B testing, error-free copywriting, and email formatting
- Excellent communication skills, time management and attention to detail
- Consistent, efficient, proactive, solutions oriented, and always looking for ways to improve
- Demonstrated experience adapting in the face of unforeseen challenges, “thinking outside the box,” and finding creative solutions to complex problems
- Ability to handle multiple challenging tasks at once and meet tight deadlines as needed
- Proficiency in using G-Suite tools including shared Google Drive, Google Sheets, and Google Docs
- Proficiency in HTML coding
- Thorough understanding of and experience using progressive tools, including ActBlue, NGP, EveryAction, Action Network, ActionKit, and more
- Ability to read and analyze data
- Client management experience is required
- 100% employer-paid health care, vision, and dental
- 100% employer-paid life insurance and disability
- 401(k) with 3% employer contribution and additional 2% employer match, fully vested on day one
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
- Monthly phone reimbursement
- Wellness benefits
- Mental health benefits
- Home office stipend or local hot desk
- And more!
- Work environment: This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- Physical Demands: This is a largely sedentary role. The ability to look at screens for extended periods of time is required.
Authentic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is Authentic’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, length of time spent unemployed, as well as other classifications protected by applicable laws.
Our mission is to create a safe workplace for ALL employees of varied backgrounds where everyone has an opportunity to succeed, learn, grow, and make a real difference in the world around us. People of color, women, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Something looks off?