Blue Compass Strategies is a female-owned, Washington, DC-based political research and consulting firm dedicated to supporting the progressive movement with the knowledge necessary for developing more efficient and effective electoral, issue-advocacy, and accountability campaigns. We achieve this by arming the community with historical election data, sophisticated analysis, and real-time updates for targeted states. We provide political campaigns and progressive organizations with a baseline set of information to work from—helping them learn from the past to make sound decisions for the future. Blue Compass currently provides political research and analysis for progressive clients, including SEIU and UFCW, and advises several federal, state, and local campaigns.
Blue Compass is seeking a full-time political analyst to join our team. Our political research team conducts strategic, high-level research for progressive organizations on candidates and campaigns and performs an array of fact-checking duties for clients. The person in this position will report directly to the political research director and president.
Blue Compass Strategies staff work remotely, and we welcome applicants who do not reside in the DC area. We have a strong dedication to creating an inclusive work environment, including in our hiring process, and seek to expand diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our work.
- Work as part of a team to produce strategic reports, campaign plans, and post-election analysis in key states; this includes research on the state of the 2022 landscape in key battleground states, post-2020 redistricting process, midterm election results, and shifts in voting patterns in recent election cycles
- Collect information from legislative votes, news clips, campaign finance reports, and research databases
- Monitor and clip press coverage regarding developments around key political, legislative, and issue campaigns
- Fact-check reports and memos
- Support senior staff on various internal projects
- Other duties assigned
- Strong research and writing skills: an ability to independently compile information and data from publicly available sources, identify key trends in that data, and distill it into a concise, easy-to-follow narrative for distribution to clients
- A voracious consumer of political and election-related news
- Some familiarity with campaign- and election-related data sources, such as historical election results, polling, campaign-finance systems, census data, etc.; our firm also provides a research training program as part of our orientation process
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs, including Excel
- Strong commitment to teamwork and progressive values
- Previous campaign or research experience is strongly preferred
- Persistence, a desire to learn, and intellectual curiosity
Blue Compass Strategies offers a competitive salary for this role, starting at $48,000, and a robust benefits package, including medical, vision, and dental insurance. Blue Compass covers 100% of employees’ preventive healthcare premiums, with options for coverage for spouses and children. Benefits include paid paternity and maternity leave, paid sick days, and vacation time.
Blue Compass Strategies is committed to a diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. People of all races, ethnicities, national origins, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities or expressions, marital status, religions, veteran statuses, and disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify “Political Analyst” in the subject line. Please also note where you saw this posting.