Senior Research Operations Manager
Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
We’re on an ambitious mission to solve some of society’s toughest challenges — from eradicating disease to improving education and addressing the needs of our local communities. Join us to build a better future for everyone!
We are seeking a dynamic and outcome-oriented Research Program Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a portfolio of research programs, including managing relationships with stakeholders, ensuring the programs adhere to the highest standards, and ensuring timely and effective delivery of project outcomes.
What You'll Do
- Coordinating the design, development, and implementation of research programs.
- Managing relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including researchers, participants, partners, and funding bodies.
- Developing, monitoring, and maintaining detailed program plans including timelines, milestones, budgets, and resources.
- Working closely with the research team to ensure that research methodologies are sound and that data collection and analysis procedures meet the highest standards.
- Regularly reviewing program progress, and reporting on program performance to senior management and other stakeholders.
- Ensuring that research findings are appropriately captured, documented, and disseminated, and that they inform the design and implementation of future research programs.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures and protocols for all research activities to ensure consistent and high-quality data collection, analysis, and reporting. Continuously evaluate these processes for efficiency and effectiveness, implementing improvements as necessary.
- Create contingency plans to mitigate potential risks and assure the smooth execution of research programs.
What You'll Bring
- Demonstrable experience in managing research programs, preferably within an educational, non-profit, or similar setting.
- Strong project management skills, including experience with project management methodologies and tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to communicate complex information clearly.
- Solid understanding of research methodologies and good practice in data management.
- Proficient in using relevant software and IT tools.
The Redwood City, CA base pay range for this role is $163,000 - $245,000. New hires are typically hired into the lower portion of the range, enabling employee growth in the range over time. Actual placement in range is based on job-related skills and experience, as evaluated throughout the interview process. Pay ranges outside Redwood City are adjusted based on cost of labor in each respective geographical market. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your location during the hiring process.
Onsite work mode is site-based in our office at our HQ in Redwood City, CA.
Flex work mode is open to a hybrid approach, but not open to be fully remote.
Remote work mode is eligible for all three modes (Remote, Flex, or Onsite) available to you at CZI.
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative was founded in 2015 to help solve some of society’s toughest challenges — from eradicating disease and improving education, to addressing the needs of our local communities. Our mission is to build a more inclusive, just, and healthy future for everyone.
CZI is committed to creating a more inclusive and diverse workplace. We welcome interest from individuals of all backgrounds and levels of experience who share our mission. If you’re interested in this role but your previous experience doesn’t perfectly align with each qualification in the job description, we still encourage you to apply as you may be the perfect fit for this or another role!