Analyst for Embold Research
Analyst, Embold Research
Remote, United States
Change Research provides polling and strategy to organizations that share our vision for a more humane, scientific, and just world. Innovation is at our core. We are a data science-first public opinion research company. Our responsive and dynamic methodology ensures we can reach representative samples and allows us to hone in on particular populations for insightful feedback. Today, we are developing AI and tech tools to better collect, understand, and predict public opinion.
In 2021, Change Research launched Embold Research, a business unit focused on nonpartisan public opinion research for public, private, and nonprofit entities working to improve the communities they serve. Together, we are an impact-oriented company working on critical issues of our time.
We value a diverse and inclusive workplace, as well as the strengths that different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives bring to our team. We strongly encourage women, Black, Indigenous, People of Color, LGBTQ people, veterans, people living with disabilities, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations to apply.
This is a full-time, remote position reporting to a Lead Analyst. In this job, you will design and execute research projects and programs incorporating qualitative and quantitative research that solve complex public-opinion questions for our clients. Strong candidates have a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with aggressive attention to detail. In this role you will:
- Conduct research on behalf of impact-oriented clients
- Use research to develop survey questionnaires collaboratively with colleagues and clients
- Collect data through our dynamic online polling process, ensuring a representative sample through collection methods and weighting
- Analyze the results of polls, to guide clients with actionable insights to their research questions
- Prepare presentations and reports, and present findings to clients in writing and at virtual meetings
You will have the opportunity to gauge public opinion in many different ways with our fast-paced, scientific approach to polling. This is an ideal position for someone who loves doing social science research, is well versed in technology, and wants to work hard to help clients better understand complex issues.
In your work, you are:
- Experienced with 1-5 years in polling, market research, political polling, or social science research
- Experienced in government, public affairs, social science research, or a related field
- Experienced in client-facing roles, presentations to media or in other public forums, and able to explain data and numbers in plain English
- Comfortable in the language of data and persuasive communications
- Comfortable with a tech-forward approach to your work and proficient in Excel (it’s not required, but bonus points if you have SQL proficiency and familiarity with Python and/or R)
- Extremely rigorous in your attention to data details and analytics
- Self-motivated and adept at working independently
- Highly organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects moving forward at the same time
On a team, you are:
- Startup-minded: you plug holes, get things done, and think of ways to improve systems
- Calm and collected in the face of deadlines
- Able to communicate your ideas to peers and managers, and be receptive to feedback
- Enthusiastic and professional
- Excited to be part of a kind and hard-working team committed to impactful work
Compensation and Work Environment:
The annual salary range is $70,000 to $90,000, commensurate with experience, and includes these benefits:
- Company-subsidized medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Flexible paid time off, sick days, and company holidays
- Access to pre-tax 401K program
- Fully remote work environment
- Stipend to outfit your home office
- Equity options
- Bonus potential
- Paid family leave
You must be authorized to work in the United States.
Click the “Apply” link below to submit a resume and to answer a few questions. If your resume is selected, the process includes:
- Preliminary phone or video interview: 15-30 min
- Video interview: Approx. 30 min
- At-home exercise: no more than 1 hr 30 min
- Additional video interviews with manager(s): Approx. 1 hr
- Reference checks: We may do reference checks earlier in the process
Our application deadline is March 15, 2024, and we will review applicants on a rolling basis. The application may close before this deadline. We are seeking to fill this position before April 1, 2024.
with the subject line: Accommodation Request, or respond to our interview email with your request for a reasonable accommodation.