Digital Director Gas Leaks
About Gas Leaks:
Get in on the ground floor of a growing campaign to secure a future free of fossil fuels by halting the rapid growth of the “natural” (methane) gas system. Gas Leaks aims to educate the public about the climate, health, and safety impacts of “natural” gas and hold the industry accountable for misinformation.
To meet this moment and fill a gap within the climate fight, Gas Leaks is hiring a Digital Director. The ideal candidates will be excited to jump into our fast-moving, creative campaigns and explore communications tools and tactics to further Gas Leaks’ mission.
The successful candidate will bring a deep understanding of digital communications strategies and tactics. In this leadership role, you will work with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to deliver projects including but not limited to: paid and organic social media campaigns, audience development, digital content creation, project and team management, website development, online conversation monitoring, and analysis.
- Design and build Gas Leaks‘ digital strategy to translate the mission into operating plans with clear goals and actionable key performance indicators
- Own audience development plans to deepen engagement among key audience segments using paid, earned, and owned media strategies
- Oversee high-impact digital campaigns and budgets that increase engagement and conversion in partnership with external vendors
- Create systems for data-driven decision making, including daily/weekly/monthly reporting on audience insights, editorial performance, content analytics, and traffic trends
- Manage digital campaigns effectively by establishing clear owners, timelines, budgets, key performance indicators
- Create scalable quality assurance, optimization, and project management systems to ensure digital campaigns are delivered on time and within budget
- Keep up to date with the latest trends and developments in digital media, including but not limited to social channels, email marketing, mobile strategy, analytics, and content testing
- Develop and maintain strong, trusting relationships with partner organizations in the climate movement to collaborate on effective digital campaigns
- Serve as a guide, mentor, and manager to digital team colleagues to develop their skill set over time
- Discover areas for improvement with new processes, technology, and methodologies
The ideal candidate will have:
- A background building large-scale multi-channel digital campaigns from start to finish with clear indicators of success
- A track record of designing, launching, and optimizing cutting-edge digital campaigns that shift narratives
- Strong understanding of best practices for CRMs, including audience segmentation, conversion funnels, basic HTML, and content testing
- Experience crafting effective copywriting that drives users to take action
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail, with demonstrated experience building systems for quality assurance, feedback loops, and optimization
- Hands-on experience managing paid, earned, and owned media experts effectively to reach campaign goals on time and within budget
- The ability to communicate clearly with non-technical teammates about how digital tactics should shift based on data
- A proactive approach for mentoring and developing digital talent over time
- Deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion with a clear perspective on how race, class, and accessibility can impact digital strategy
- Dedication to our mission to change the conversation on climate change and clean energy solutions
Our digital stack includes:
- Sprout Social
Location: Fully remote, located in the United States
Reports to: Executive Director
- Video Producer / Editor
- Social Media & Web Manager
- Graphic Designer
- External vendors for media buying and earned media
Salary: $130,000 – $135,000. This is a full-time exempt position.
- Paid Time Off: 4 weeks per year, as well as closing the week between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day
- Unlimited sick leave
- Summer Fridays: Close at 2PM Memorial Day through Labor Day
- Generous 401k: up to 9% match
- Affordable health, dental, vision, and life insurance
Application deadline: May 31, 2023
How to Apply
To apply, please complete the application form here.
Gas Leaks is a project of Climate Nexus, a nonprofit strategic communications group dedicated to changing the conversation on climate change and clean energy solutions in the United States. Climate Nexus is a fiscally sponsored project of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, Inc., an equal opportunity employer.
Climate Nexus is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences to apply, especially people from communities that have been historically underrepresented in the energy, climate, and environmental sectors.