Software Engineering Manager (comp listed)
The market for government spending is huge — $1.9 trillion at the state and local levels in the US — but remains inefficient and largely offline. A public employee has better online tools to hire a babysitter or buy a new outfit than to make an essential purchase on behalf of the public. By aggregating and organizing procurement information, CoProcure expedites the purchasing process for governments from 6+ months to a few weeks.
CoProcure has $465M GMV in annualized search value and that number is growing 35% quarter over quarter. If you’re looking to grow at the speed of a startup and achieve impact at the scale of government, apply to join our small team that's making a huge difference.
About this role:
As an engineering manager, you will be responsible for a team of generalist engineers at CoProcure. You'll own delivering a wide variety of projects, from product features and growth experiments to data infrastructure and CI improvements. You'll be well-versed in full-stack design principles and be able to give advice on code architecture and implementation. You'll also grow out your team through recruiting efforts.
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA. We support a hybrid work environment: most of our team members spend 3 days in the office and the other days working from home or remotely.
You enjoy working across the technical stack, and thrive in a fast-paced culture of cross-functional collaboration. You're an exceptional people manager who cares deeply about the success of the people on your team, and they rave about working with you. You understand how to guide an engineering team to ship rapidly while setting them up for long term success.
- Shipping features: Organize the team and team's processes to ensure that product and infrastructure improvements are shipped efficiently and effectively. Ensure projects have appropriate scoping, schedules, and progress tracking.
- Managing infrastructure: Ensure the infrastructure and systems required to build, deploy, and maintain our site and internal tools are working smoothly and updated as needed.
- People management: Provide coaching and feedback to engineering team members. Help them succeed and level up.
- Recruiting: Determine headcount and role specifics needed to execute on our roadmap. Recruit an excellent, diverse team of engineers to CoProcure to meet headcount and role needs.
- Defining direction: Build roadmaps and long-term team vision in partnership with the Product team. Own the technical direction and and ensure engineering infrastructure improvements are defined and prioritized as needed.
- Cross-functional collaboration: Work with product, design, and business teams to conceive, scope, and prioritize projects. Represent engineering in these discussions (technical feasibility, constraints, tradeoffs). Allocate engineering resources based on prioritization. Own communication between engineering and other functions.
- Other opportunities as they arise.
- 2+ years experience in engineering management.
- Strong technical fundamentals: You have the technical skills necessary to guide the team's decisions and coach your engineers to ship code. You're able to translate product requirements into technical action.
- Superb collaboration and communication skills: You’re comfortable gathering internal requirements, negotiating with partners, and working cross-functionally.
- Decision making and prioritization skills: You can prioritize through competing demands and complex problems. You can handle ambiguity in a fast-moving organization.
- Strong project management skills and experience coordinating large projects with many moving pieces: You’re able to prioritize and sequence time well to be able to hit multiple goals at once. You’re detail-oriented and have a passion for execution.
- Entrepreneurial ownership mentality: You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility. You can acknowledge mistakes, own them, fix them, and learn from them in short cycles.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.