Democratic National Committee
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Who we are:
The Democratic National Committee (DNC) Tech Team is a multifaceted, dynamic group dedicated to creating and delivering cutting-edge technology that empowers candidates and organizers throughout all 50 states and 3,413 counties across the United States. Our mission is to harness the power of data analytics, campaign organization, fundraising, and voter mobilization to get out the vote on Election Day! We bring together an exceptional array of talent, including product managers, engineers, researchers, designers, security practitioners, IT professionals, and data scientists, to develop a robust technology ecosystem for progressive initiatives. Our approach combines in-house tool development with strategic partnerships, fostering a collaborative environment that drives innovation and progress.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC) Tech Team is currently seeking a Director of Information Technology to spearhead our technology endeavors. We are in search of an accomplished leader who can identify significant technology opportunities and collaborate with our engineers and staff to develop solutions that address these prospects. In this role, you will lead and expand the Help Desk and System Administration teams while actively managing services that range from corporate solutions to production systems that bolster our election-winning efforts.
Previous experience in managing Google Workspace Enterprise, software defined networking, Splunk, AWS, and single sign on (SSO) integrations is highly desirable. Familiarity with security concepts, standards, and technologies will be a considerable asset. This position reports directly to the Chief Security Officer (CSO).
Do you want to:
- Secure the future of our country? Right now, a lot is at stake in our country, and our team has a huge opportunity to make a real difference.
- Work with amazing people? We are cultivating a diverse, distributed team by hiring top talent regardless of their location—our team members include alumni from past Presidential campaigns based in DC and New York, seasoned product developers from the SF Bay Area, and many others.
- Never stop learning? There are individuals who possess knowledge in politics, others who excel in technology, and a select few who have discovered ways to merge the two. As we forge new paths in this arena, it is essential for you to be comfortable exploring and learning from everyone around you.
- Identify the most significant technology opportunities within our corporate and production environments, and collaborate with internal and external teams to strategize, design, implement, and deploy innovative systems that address these needs.
- Reduce manual toil as much as possible. Help identify opportunities to automate systems and processes throughout our entire organization.
- Manage long-term projects from start to finish, ensuring we don't get caught up in the day to day tasks.
- Provide metrics and reportson team efforts, strengthening the team's ability to triage and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Communicate clearly and approach problems with curiosity and humility.
- Build and lead a team of passionate IT professionals who know how to provide the best support to the team at the DNC.
- Build positive relationships throughout the entire organization and ecosystem to drive workplace experience programs.
- Help create and manage the IT budget to sustain the IT services catalog and the organization's technological needs, including oversight of critical contracts and vendor relationships.
What we are looking for:
- A strategic thinker to enhance our IT portfolio and a strong coach to develop and mentor our team.
- Experience with ITIL frameworks and ITSM best practices.
- Experience building, managing and supporting CMDBs.
- Experience writing, reviewing and implementing IT policies, standards, and procedures.
- Experience budgeting and controlling IT expenditures. Demonstrate strong business acumen.
- Customer service-oriented and experienced with building user experience programs.
- Not afraid to construct and pitch novel ideas to solve complex problems.
- Enjoys creative work to market and host events such as lunch and learns, how-to sessions for non-technical staff, and constantly finding fun and innovative ways to engage with staff.
- Familarity with defining OKR and KPI metrics to track progress or success and providing regular updates and reports to leadership.
The starting salary for the IT Director position is $150,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position is not eligible for overtime wages, and is a supervisory position based at the DNC HQ in Washington, D.C.
This position requires up to 15% travel both in the Washington, D.C. area and across the country to attend and support meetings and events.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.
See more open positions at Democratic National Committee
Something looks off?