Rapid Response Graphic Designer
Democratic National Committee
Wilmington, DE, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
The Democratic National Committee is looking for a talented graphic designer to join its design team, with a focus on making shareable graphics for social platforms and the ability for quick turnaround. The ideal candidate for this role has significant graphic design experience, a passion for politics, and an understanding of what resonates with viewers on various social platforms. Candidates should be comfortable working independently in an ever-changing environment.
- Create original, shareable graphics for social platforms
- Translate data into easy-to-understand data visualizations
- Contribute to creating original branding for projects
- Create compelling, platform-specific content, such as Instagram carousels
- Come up with high-potential concepts for new graphics
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrable understanding of typography, composition, and color
- Experience creating original, hand-drawn type
- Experience designing dynamic, text-based graphics
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to both adhere to a style guide and push the style forward
- Knowledge of what works on social platforms, especially Twitter/X and Instagram
The starting salary for the Rapid Response Graphic Designer position is $51,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position, which means you will be eligible for overtime pay for hours worked in excess of 40 in a given workweek, and has an end date of November 15, 2024. This position is in the bargaining unit represented by SEIU Local-500.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The DNC does not sponsor work authorization. You must have authorization to work in the United States to qualify for this position.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.