Rapid Response Platforms Manager
Democratic National Committee
Wilmington, DE, USA
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2023
The Rapid Response Social Platforms Manager will report to the Digital Rapid Response Director and be expected to write within an established organizational identity for multiple social media platforms and channels, while strategizing how to further develop and expand the Democratic Party and Biden-Harris campaign’s voice online. The Rapid Response Social Platforms Manager will work with mainly oppositional-related content under a fast-paced rapid response timeline.
- Write daily content and manage scheduling for Twitter (X), Threads, Facebook, and Instagram accounts, including drafting, conceptualizing graphics, videos, brainstorming calls to action, and copywriting
- Strategize and execute innovative social media projects to help grow and engage our audience
- Help the Digital Rapid Response Director report on audience growth, content performance, and engagement that can adapt to and meet the needs of stakeholders across the DNC and Biden-Harris campaign.
- Project manage publishing assets across multiple social media platforms
- Ensure materials are sufficiently accessible for users, including captioning and alternative text
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission.
About You (Qualifications):
- Experience working in digital at an agency or on campaigns a bonus, but not necessary;
- Is highly engaged in politics, with knowledge of the daily political news cycle;
- Has the ability to work independently and on a team and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
- Innovative self-starter;
- Strong writing skills;
- Eagle eye for typos;
- Comfortable drafting copy for multiple platforms in a variety of voices;
- Experience working in writing, organizing, or digital.
The starting salary for the Rapid Response Social Platforms Manager position is $51,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is a full-time, non-exempt position, which means you will be eligible for overtime pay for hours worked in excess of 40 in a given workweek, and has an end date of November 15th, 2024. This position is in the bargaining unit represented by SEIU Local-500.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The DNC does not sponsor work authorization. You must have authorization to work in the United States to qualify for this position.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.