Deputy Press Secretary
Democratic National Committee
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2023
The Deputy Press Secretary supports the communications team with drafting and editing rapid response materials, including talking points, statements, and releases; organizing press calls, distributing materials to reporters, and more.
- Work in coordination with the communications team including spokespeople, rapid response, and states teams to craft and execute the DNC’s national press strategy;
- Carry out special projects and message events;
- Help manage the distribution and quality of written materials every day – including talking points, statements, Op-Eds, and remarks where needed.
- Monitor breaking news and identify opportunities to accomplish the DNC’s message goals;
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission.
- 2-4 years of experience in political communications or similar
- Ability and desire to keep up with the news cycle;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills across multiple media; and,
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment.
This is a full-time, exempt position, that may require work on weekends. This position is in the bargaining unit represented by SEIU Local-500. The starting salary for the Deputy Press Secretary is $68,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position has an end date of November 15th, 2024.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The DNC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The DNC does not sponsor work authorization. You must have authorization to work in the United States to qualify for this position.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.