National Finance Committee Associate
Democratic National Committee
Accounting & Finance
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 9, 2024
The National Finance Committee Associate will assist with the finance team’s engagement with the DNC and Biden Victory Fund National Finance Committee (“NFC”). Specifically, they will assist the NFC Coordinator and NFC Deputy Finance Director on all programming and correspondence for NFC members. They will also act as the main point of contact for the Finance Chair and assist them in successfully executing their responsibilities. They will be the primary point of contact for both the fundraising tracking systems (raiser tool) and the NGP database.
This position is based in Washington, DC. The NFC Associate will report to the NFC Deputy Finance Director and assist the NFC Coordinator on a daily basis.
In this position you will (Responsibilities/Duties):
- Assist and organize the National Finance Committee program and members.
- Coordinate all NFC engagement programming including retreats and monthly engagement opportunities. This includes helping to manage all the event logistics and communications surrounding the activities.
- Maintaining the NFC correspondence program. This includes keeping all documents up to date and creating and maintaining a weekly update email to members.
- Assisting the Finance Chair with their responsibilities and acting as the main point of contact within the Finance team.
- Keeping the raiser tool up to date by working with donors to make sure their records are accurate.
- Assisting the Regional and Coalition Finance Teams with regional and coalition finance committee calls, meetings, and events.
- Help draft daily, weekly, and monthly email blasts.
- Assist in the management of the team’s NGP account and act as a resource for specific NGP needs and challenges.
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission.
What we will look for (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (or equivalent experience).
- 1-2 years campaign or political committee experience.
- Working knowledge of NGP database is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Google Suite.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects at once.
- Precise attention to detail and strong copy editing skills.
- Error-free written communications.
- Ability to work and build relationships with leaders, staff, and members at all levels.
- Travel may be required.
What we would be excited to see (Skills):
- Ability to think critically and strategically.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to take-initiative and learn quickly.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work cohesively with other staff members.
- Passion for the Democratic Party.
- A proactive attitude and ability to plan ahead.
The National Finance Committee Associate position will require travel, which could be up to 15% of the time.
The starting salary for the National Finance Committee Associate position is $51,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is a full-time position that may require work on weekends, and has an end date of November 15, 2024 . This is a non-exempt position, which means you will be eligible for overtime pay for hours worked in excess of 40 in a given workweek. This position is in the bargaining unit represented by SEIU Local-500.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, open leave, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.