Deputy Email and SMS Director
Democratic National Committee
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
The Democratic National Committee seeks an experienced email and SMS strategist to help run the DNC’s email and SMS programs for the purposes of grassroots fundraising and cultivation. You will work alongside the Director to manage the email calendar, as well as the team’s drafting, editing, and production process. The Deputy Email and SMS Director will report to the Email and SMS Director.
- Work alongside the Email and SMS Director to manage a team of several strategists, helping ensure the team’s work product is of the highest possible quality.
- Oversee the email production process, ensuring each day’s email sends reach supporters in a timely manner.
- Assist in managing a monthly email calendar to engage and mobilize DNC supporters via email.
- Help ensure all testing and reactivation campaigns are integrated seamlessly into the DNC’s day-to-day email programming.
- Collaborate across the DNC’s mobilization team to ensure other teams’ needs and goals are being met with respect to email and SMS.
- Help ensure strong email deliverability across inbox providers.
- Assist with email rapid response, overflow drafting, and email production as needed.
- Manage email & SMS strategists;
- Other duties as assigned to support the department and the DNC's mission.
About you (Qualifications):
- You have 3+ years of email or SMS fundraising experience on a campaign, committee, advocacy organization, or other relevant professional experience.
- You have proven leadership and management skills. Mentoring others is rewarding to you.
- You have strong attention to detail, and can take a rough draft or idea and turn it into an email that can be sent to millions of people.
- You have experience with HTML coding and with digital platforms like Action Network, Scale to Win, ActBlue, Mobilize America, etc.
- You have experience monitoring and analyzing data, using the results to inform decision-making.
- You are able to work quickly and efficiently in high-pressure situations.
Preference given for:
- Anyone with a strong understanding of email deliverability and how this informs audience segmentation.
- Anyone with experience managing staff who raise money or win votes for an electoral campaign, advocacy organization, or nonprofit.
The starting salary for the Deputy Email and SMS Director position is $80,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position is not eligible for overtime wages, and is based at the DNC HQ in Washington, D.C.
Due to federal campaign finance rules, only U.S. citizens or U.S. green card holders are eligible for this role. See 52 U.S.C. 30121; 11 C.F.R. 110.20(i).”
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, open leave, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employees and dependents.