Software Team Lead, C# (comp listed)
Are you a passionate innovator looking to harness the power of technology to do more good? You’ve come to the right place. NGP VAN, together with ActionKit and Mobilize, delivers leading technology to Democratic and progressive campaigns as well as nonprofits.
Our parent company, Bonterra, was formed by bringing together leading solutions from CyberGrants, EveryAction, Network for Good, Social Solutions and their respective entities to form the second-largest and fastest-growing social good software company in the world. This collaboration will help NGP VAN accelerate enhancements in our platforms and continue to drive our top three areas of focus: reinforcing the core, committing to innovation, and helping lead in the Democratic ecosystem.
We are currently operating as a remote workforce and have equipped our teams with the technology to stay connected to each other and our customers.
Responsibilities & Requirements
As Software Team Lead you would be the manager and tech lead of one of our Scrum development teams. Each team is made up of 2-4 other Software Engineers of varying seniority, as well as one QA Analyst or QA Engineer dedicated to the team's projects.
When bringing on a Software Team Lead from outside the company, we prefer they spend the first 3 or so months as a member of an existing team in order to learn the stack and domain.
Specifically, a team lead's week to week responsibilities include:
- Working with team's Product Manager to estimate and refine future work
- Contributing to the development of active team projects
- Managing team members to improve/maintain high performance and morale
- Identifying obstacles to project success and overcoming them.
- ASP.NET 4.5+ C#
- ReactSome legacy Angular/Angularjs
- Microsoft SQLServer 2017 + Azure SQL
- Hybrid Azure/Colo
Minimum Requirements For Resume Consideration
You need at least two years of software engineering experience to be considered for this job. (We don't make exceptions to our minimum requirements for external candidates, and instead try to set them low enough to include all potentially qualified candidates.)
Useful Skills and Experience
Experience with any of the following is likely to be useful to the job, though not a requirement for consideration:
- Managing software engineers
- Some or all of our tech stack
- Web scalability problems and patterns
- Payment processing / ecommerce
Our team is made up of industry experts and advocates who are 100% committed to supporting the doers of social good. We are currently undergoing an effort to create the vision and values that embody our collective organization and embrace the individuals who make up our community.
Some of our comprehensive and competitive benefits include:
- Generous PTO policy
- Equity for ALL regular, full-time employees from individual contributors to management – share in our success!
- Up to 15 paid company holidays including some commemorating social justice events and self-care
- Paid volunteer time
- Resources for savings and investments
- Paid parental leave
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance with additional access to health and wellness programs.
- Opportunities to learn, develop, network, and connect
- When we can—company-sponsored events and swag!!