Midlevel Giving Specialist/Senior Midlevel Giving Officer - Band B/C
Friends of the Earth
What We Look For: Over the last few years, Friends of the Earth has had tremendous growth of its midlevel donor program – members giving between $500-$2,499 annually. The Midlevel Giving Specialist/Senior Midlevel Giving Officer will be responsible for developing and executing strategies that achieve retention and continued growth of the midlevel donor base.
Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy, this role will serve as a liaison to midlevel donors, providing personalized cultivation, solicitations, and stewardship. This role will also collaborate with our direct marketing teams to establish distinct mail and digital communications tailored towards midlevel donors.
In addition to managing the midlevel program, this role will seek opportunities to move midlevel donors to the major gifts or planned giving program.
The salary range for this role is $64,750-$73,000 or $71,000-$78,000. Offers are determined based on Job Band and relevant skills and experience.
Who you Are:
Relationship Builder: Engage midlevel donors in relationship-building tactics that will deepen their connection to Friends of the Earth, resulting in higher retention rates and increased giving. Use a variety of tactics including personal phone calls, virtual meetings, handwritten notes, and specialized direct marketing.
Strategic Thinker: Work with the Director of Philanthropy to develop strategies and set goals for midlevel program for up to five years ahead, including considering new giving circles, donor advisory committees, and virtual events. Consider when individual donors from within the midlevel program should be recommended to move to the major gifts or planned giving program.
Results Oriented: Use Raisers Edge to track midlevel program performance by measuring retention rates and average giving amount year-over-year.
- Craft midlevel donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategy with input and feedback from the Director of Philanthropy.
- Working with the Director of Philanthropy, set financial goals for up to five years ahead.
- Use tactics including phone calls, virtual meetings, surveys, and personalized emails to build relationships with midlevel donors.
- Collaborate with direct marketing teams to tailor digital and mail outreach to the midlevel donor audience.
- Identify major donor and planned gift prospects.
- Provide input on strategic decisions impacting individual giving.
- Five or more years’ experience in fundraising for a non-profit, political organization or a campaign.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with donors.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively across teams.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective communication and the ability to establish good interpersonal relationships.
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and other basic Microsoft programs.
- Six or more years’ experience in fundraising for a non-profit, political organization or a campaign. (Required for Band C – Senior Midlevel Giving Officer)
- Experience with Raisers Edge, or a similar CRM.
Perks & Benefits:
We are a generous employer with benefits that will take care of you. In addition to a competitive salary,
- 37.5-hour work week
- 100% employer paid medical, dental and vision coverage (80% for eligible dependents)
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) retirement program
- Generous Leave -twenty (20) vacation days to start, 15 paid holidays, twenty (20) sick days, parental leave, sabbatical and more
- Education Reimbursement and Employee Assistance Program
Friends of the Earth is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from women, people of color and other members of underrepresented groups who will contribute to the diversity of our staff.