People Operations Generalist
MVP is a best-in-class advising platform connecting progressive donors to the most effective and promising grassroots organizations in the country working at the intersection of movements, community organizing, and elections. We aim to increase investment in frontline organizations led by the most impacted communities to increase turnout among the progressive base, build long-term political power, and ultimately to transform our country at the local, state, and national levels. In the 2020 cycle, MVP successfully moved over $120 million to over 600 local groups across the country, focused in the most critical states.
We are organizers, and the heart of our work is organizing donors through MVP to support local groups in order to build, sustain, and amplify their impact. We work in service of local groups, and we try to be aware at all times of the power dynamics of being a funder and to be careful about incentivizing actions that could alter an organization’s own priorities; we work hard not to impose on our partners. We are also striving to continuously scrutinize and dismantle the ways we manifest and reproduce white supremacy culture both internally and externally.
We focus on building from our assets, and taking a positive approach to growth and change that helps groups and donors to feel comfortable being vulnerable about their areas of improvement. We believe in a non-competitive, non-divisive, whole ecosystem approach; we are always seeking opportunities to support and encourage collaboration among groups and donors.
As the People Operations Generalist, you will lead and/or assist with the full range of People Operations/HR responsibilities: recruitment, onboarding, offboarding, goal setting, performance reviews, coaching, training, policy documentation, staff development, retention, morale, and organizational culture. The position will also work closely with managers to ensure consistency in staff management and to nurture a culture deeply committed to equity, racial justice, diversity and inclusion.
You will report to the Chief of People Operations and Culture and work closely with all team members.
As the, People Operations Generalist you will be responsible for:
- Providing team member lifecycle administrative and tactical support in the areas of onboarding and offboarding, benefits, training and professional development, HR data, performance management
- Managing the recruitment, interviewing and selection processes
- Managing and conducting organizational onboarding, and partnering with managers and departmental onboarding and orientation
- Acting as the point of contact for employee benefit and perk questions
- Managing and developing employee benefit communications and conducting live benefit education sessions
- Managing and ensuring the accuracy of all data including the organizational chart
- Partnering with the Head of People Operations and Culture and other Operations team members to create standard operating procedures for the team member lifecycle
- Supporting all organizational development, culture and learning programs
- Strong communication skills, ensuring information is effectively exchanged with others in a timely fashion
- Ability to identify and solve problems with sound judgment and effective solutions
- Ability to build strong and trusting relationships with team members
- Demonstrates good time management and prioritization skills - especially in fast-paced, high-pressure moments
- 3-5 years of progressive human resources/people operations experience
- Demonstrates a high level of emotional intelligence
- Ensures clarity and buy in prior to and during initiatives
- Experience conducting people operations/human resources topical trainings to team members and managers
We realize that some great candidates may not have every single thing on this list - that’s OK! If this job posting piques your interest, we encourage you to apply!
Location: Fully remote, with the expectation of occasional travel post-pandemic (i.e. 2-5 times annually). We strive to create a family-friendly work environment and can make accommodations for team members with limited ability to travel.
Compensation and hours:
This is a full-time, salaried position with a base salary range of $75,000 - $90,000, commensurate with skills and experience, with generous benefits including employer-paid medical and optional dental and vision insurance, basic life insurance, 401(k), regular work-from-home and wellness stipends, and four weeks of paid vacation.
To Apply: Click the button below to submit your application.
Deadline: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled - sooner is better.
Movement Voter Project isn’t just an equal opportunity employer. We are actively seeking to build a diverse and inclusive team with a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to support the incredible diversity of grassroots organizing across the country. MVP does not discriminate based upon race/ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a veteran, formerly incarcerated or convicted persons, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic.