Office of Innovation, State of New Jersey
The New Jersey State Office of Innovation is looking for diverse and experienced team members to deploy world-class innovative and digital services that solve pressing public interest challenges for the people of New Jersey. Our work spans numerous issue and policy areas, and is focused on making an impact in the lives of the New Jerseyans that we serve: we’ve decreased the amount of time it takes to apply for Unemployment Insurance, made it easier to start, operate, and grow a business in the Garden State, and connected millions of New Jerseyans to government programs, services, and benefits.
Our team members wear many hats, contributing to both the execution of core projects and the evolution of the Office of Innovation. We use data and modern research, design, and development methods to inform our decision making, and we collaborate with stakeholders within and outside of government to understand and solve challenges. To learn more about the New Jersey Office of Innovation, visit our about us page. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
For this role, we are seeking a product manager with at least 5 years of experience leading cross-functional teams using data-driven decision making, equitable human-centered design, agile methodologies, and modern practices.
As a part of the team, your responsibilities may include:
- Deliver solutions that meet the needs of diverse users across New JerseyLead end-to-end product and project management activities to enable the delivery of modern solutions that meet the needs of users for a key project Take problems that may be poorly specified and find the best software solutions, including evaluating custom developed vs. SAAS options Identify and engage with external experts and resources that can inform, improve, and accelerate our products
- Establish the project environment necessary to operate as a high performing cross-functional team in partnership with diverse stakeholdersDevelop and communicate the vision, strategy, and product roadmap Manage state requirements in the delivery of products and services Support team members by helping them clear any challenges they may encounter
- Communicate and collaborate with partners throughout the state to ensure we are enabling their long-term successDrive open communication regarding the project with the public (e.g., blog posts) Take part in office-wide initiatives, such as stand-ups, to enable collaboration and support across projects
Preferred Technical Experience, Skills and Abilities
Applicants will be assessed based on an ability to excel at leading a team to build digital products and navigating complex environments to enable delivery.
We are seeking individuals with the following experience, skills, and abilities:
- Leading the development of multiple digital products or services, or leading the development of multiple features in large products
- Creating and managing the product vision based on user research and metrics
- Conducting rapid evidence reviews, research, and field scans
- Leading teams through the adoption of new tools, technologies, or methodologies
- Leading products with multiple dependencies requiring joint releases to achieve measurable and demonstrated business objectives
- Leading intrapreneurial efforts with measurable and demonstrated impact to the organization
- Leading teams using modern iterative, user-centered, continuous delivery methodologies
- Translating product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Scoping and prioritizing technical and design tasks into delivery plans
- Conducting and supporting regular sprint meetings
- Facilitating issue management and tracking through an online platform
- Facilitating the delivery and iteration of digital services through effective analysis of qualitative and quantitative user data
- Collaborating closely with stakeholders across government to gather their input and enable their success
- Reporting progress to stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
Location: Candidates can be based anywhere in the U.S. but should have an expectation of monthly or bi-monthly on-site work in NJ. We have a strong preference for those that can make it to NJ via local travel.
Compensation: Up to $130,000 (depending on experience) + Full benefits