Financial Analyst & Portfolio Asset Management
Spring Free EV
About Spring Free EV
The speed of adoption of Electric Vehicles (EVs) is critical to achieve deep decarbonization of the transport sector. The average gasoline vehicle on the road today has a fuel economy of about 22.0 miles per gallon and drives around 11,500 miles per year. Every gallon of gasoline burned creates about 8,887 grams of CO2. Added up passengers vehicles emit 10% - 15% of total greenhouse gas emissions.
The auto finance industry has a massive entrenched ecosystem of loans and leases. Worldwide auto revenues were around $3 Trillion in 2017. EVs are now at a tipping point where the capital cost and total cost of ownership can be lower than gas or diesel powered vehicles. Serial SaaS and Mobility entrepreneur Sunil Paul and accomplished Wall Street executive Cassandra John partnered to found Spring Free EV and launch the Mileage Purchase Agreement (MPA). MPAs are inspired by the success of solar power purchase agreements (PPAs), leases, and loans. Just as solar exploded in growth when these financial innovations coupled with the declines in the cost of hardware and government incentives we see an opportunity to accelerate the adoption and affordability of EV’s
We would love to hear from you if you want to support a leadership team with deep FinTech knowledge and startup experience, including dozens of success stories and four IPOs.
Spring Free EV seeks a motivated financial analyst who is looking to grow their technical and leadership skills by working directly with the Controller. The successful candidate will have a strong foundation in financial analysis and accounting and will be comfortable operating independently, as necessary. With a distributed team, it would be helpful to be a clear communicator and comfortable collaborating across multiple time zones.
Specific tasks that would be expected:
- Building and maintaining financial models that will support lease / MPA (mileage purchase agreement) transactions
- Review and validation of commercial contracts and facilitate contract execution
- Review and validation of purchasing agreements and facilitating purchase transactions
- Inputting and analyzing performance data for pricing, residual value analysis, and portfolio management
- Ad-hoc support of the Controller in various FP&A, revenue analysis, and reporting activities
There will be opportunities to develop innovative ideas and support new product design, support the design and implementation of internal processes, policies, and tech platforms, and collaborate across the entire organization as it starts to scale.
- Auto Finance Experince
- Collaborate with Sales/BD to ensure a repeatable scalable process is developed
- Manage and ensure execution of vehicle transaction documents and capital funding documentation
- Manage portfolio reviews and performance, periodic portfolio reporting to various capital providers, and provide analysis and recommendations for credit risk management and future vehicle pricing
- End-to-end ownership of the portfolio and vehicles under management, from the point of origination to ongoing monitoring and then asset disposal
- Execution of transaction closing and legal documentation
- Manage the preparation of credit applications, borrower rating applications, annual and quarterly client reviews
- End to end ownership of the portfolio and clients under assignment, from the point of origination to deal closing to ongoing monitoring
Skills & Experience
Demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail and an ability to complete work accurately and in a timely manner against strict deadlines
Strong finance and accounting skills with an ability to develop portfolio models
Ability to execute transactions from beginning to end with minimal supervision
Outstanding financial modeling/valuation and analytical skill
Knowledge and skill in legal documentation
Able to develop policies and quickly learn and adapt to new processes and systems; has a strong sense and can communicate the large impact that risk and portfolio management can have on a capital-intensive organization
Ideally has experience working in the automotive lending/leasing industry; alternately, familiarity and experience with solar PPAs and solar asset management would also be helpful
Comfortable with ambiguity; will take initiative and drive tasks to completion
The company is 100% virtual and is a Delaware corporation. You will need to be authorized to work in the United States and willing to travel when needed to work safely face-to-face with clients, partners, and fellow team members.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spring Free EV is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment in our organization. Every day we strive to accelerate the adoption of clean mobility options for our customers, communities, and planet.