Sr Software Engineer
Spring Free EV
Spring Free EV makes electric vehicles affordable and grid-friendly using just software. We are on a journey to take a gigaton of CO2 emissions off the road. EV adoption is accelerating and our company Spring Free has a great opportunity in front of us.
The speed of adoption of Electric Vehicles (EVs) is critical to achieve deep decarbonization of the transport sector. The average gasoline vehicle on the road today has a fuel economy of about 22.0 miles per gallon and drives around 11,500 miles per year. Every gallon of gasoline burned creates about 8,887 grams of CO2. Added-up passenger vehicles emit 10% - 15% of total greenhouse gas emissions.
The auto finance industry has a massive entrenched ecosystem of loans and leases. Worldwide auto revenues were around $3 Trillion in 2017. EVs are now at a tipping point where the capital cost and total cost of ownership can be lower than gas or diesel powered vehicles.
We would love to hear from you if you want to join a team with deep FinTech knowledge and startup experience, including dozens of success stories and four IPOs.
Roles & ResponsibilitiesDesign and develop 1.0 products that will help take a gigaton of tailpipe emissions off the road. As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining complex web applications and services. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality, scalable software solutions that meet Spring Free EV's fintech and mobility needs.
- Design and develop web applications and services using modern technologies and best practices
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product management, UX design, and other engineers to define and deliver software solutions
- Write clean, maintainable, and testable code, using modern programming languages and frameworks
- Continuously improve software development processes, tools, and practices to increase productivity, quality, and agility
Built and shipped 1.0 products
- 5+ years of experience in full-stack software engineering, developing complex web applications and services.
- Strong programming skills in one or more programming languages
- Strong experience in back-end development using modern server-side frameworks such as Node.js, Spring Boot, or Django.
- Strong experience in database design and development, with expertise in one or more database systems such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, or MongoDB.
- Experience in cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles, design patterns, and software development best practices.
- A good sense of humor
The company is 100% virtual and is a Delaware corporation. You will need to be authorized to work in the United States and willing to travel when needed to work safely face-to-face with clients, partners, and fellow team members.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Spring Free EV is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment in our organization. Every day we strive to accelerate the adoption of clean mobility options for our customers, communities, and planet.