Product Data and Analytics Lead
State of New Jersey
Product Data and Analytics Lead
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Product Data and Analytics Lead to join our Business.NJ.gov team and help transform how the State interacts with businesses and entrepreneurs. Business.NJ.gov was created by the New Jersey State Office of Innovation, in partnership with the Governor’s Office and Administration agencies, to make it easier to start, operate, and grow a business in New Jersey. Since its launch, Business.NJ.gov has served more than 3.4 million users by helping entrepreneurs find the information and services they need to start and run their business.
In this role, you’ll join a growing project team to leverage data to expand and improve products, define success, and advance diversity and equity in entrepreneurship in the state. The Product Data and Analytics Lead will be responsible for configuring and optimizing Google Analytics solutions to gather accurate and meaningful data insights for the products, services, and technologies behind Business.NJ.gov. You’ll be charged with analyzing and interpreting data to guide product development strategies and inform how we measure the overall success and impact of our work. You’ll also leverage web analytics and other sources of government and third-party data to inform the measurement of market penetration, and diversity and equity metrics. Your work will play a crucial role to support data-driven decision-making, influence the design and development of our products, and enhance our digital marketing strategies.
About the Office of Innovation
The New Jersey State Office of Innovation improves the lives of New Jerseyans by solving public problems differently. Our work spans numerous issue and policy areas, and is focused on making an impact in the lives of the New Jerseyans that we serve. Our work has decreased the amount of time it takes to apply for Unemployment Insurance, made it easier to start, operate, and grow a business in the Garden State, and connected millions of New Jerseyans to government programs, services, and benefits. Our team members wear many hats, contributing to both the execution of core projects and the evolution of the Office of Innovation. We use data and modern research, design, and development methods to inform our decision making, and we collaborate with stakeholders within and outside of government to understand and solve challenges.
Success Measurement and Goals-Based Analysis
- Report and synthesize data from State data sources, federal data sources, and industry sources with Google Analytics data to assess Business.NJ.gov’s trajectory and success.
- Maintain and expand these databases to establish overall baselines for the success of the initiative’s goals, and build comparative analyses with the current state of the marketplace to report on and advise on the initiative’s overall direction and goals.
Data Analysis and Reporting
- Analyze Google Analytics data to extract meaningful insights and trends.
- Create regular reports and ad-hoc analyses and participate in product design and development to provide actionable recommendations and support decision-making for product prioritization, marketing campaigns, website optimizations, and user experience design.
Google Analytics Implementation
- Lead the implementation and configuration of Google Analytics across our digital properties, including websites, multimodal campaigns, and other relevant digital platforms.
- Ensure accurate tracking of user interactions, events, conversions, and custom dimensions for comprehensive data collection.
- Identify and resolve technical issues related to Google Analytics implementation, data accuracy, and data integration.
- Conduct thorough audits to ensure data integrity and troubleshoot any anomalies or discrepancies in the analytics data.
- Utilize Google Tag Manager to efficiently deploy and manage tracking tags, pixels, and scripts for various marketing and analytics tools.
- Maintain and optimize tag management processes for streamlined implementation.
Customization and Advanced Tracking
- Implement advanced tracking techniques, such as cross-domain tracking, marketing tracking, and event tracking, to capture granular data insights.
- Develop and maintain custom reports, segments, and dashboards tailored to business requirements.
Data Governance and Compliance
- Ensure compliance with data protection regulations and privacy policies while handling user data and implementing tracking mechanisms.
- Stay updated with industry best practices and guidelines related to data governance, privacy, and consent management.
Collaboration and Training
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, product development, engineering, IT, and data and policy, to align Google Analytics implementation with business goals and requirements.
- Provide guidance, training, and support to team members on best practices for data collection, reporting, and analysis.
Do what’s needed for the team
- Execute additional duties and responsibilities to advance the Office of Innovation’s mission and work
Preferred Technical Experience, Skills and Abilities
You should have approximately 5+ years experience related to the following expertise, skills, and abilities:
- Proven experience as a Google Analytics technical expert or similar role, with a deep understanding of Google Analytics implementation, configuration, and reporting.
- Familiarity and up-to-date experience with Google Analytics 4, Google Tag Manager, and associated modern platforms, as well as managing the migration of data into new platforms.
- In-depth knowledge of web analytics concepts, tracking methodologies, data visualization skills, and data analysis techniques.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret and derive actionable insights from complex data sets.
- Familiarity with advanced tracking techniques, such as funnel and goal tracking, cross-domain tracking, custom dimensions, and event tracking.
- Solid understanding of digital marketing strategies and metrics, including SEO, SEM, social media, and conversion optimization.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail, with the ability to identify and troubleshoot technical issues effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to effectively collaborate with stakeholders and present data-driven insights and recommendations.
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, best practices, and evolving technologies in web analytics and data governance.
Compensation: Up to approximately $100,000 + Full benefits
The New Jersey Office of Innovation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
We are deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness and seek to create a pluralistic community for all.
We strongly encourage people of color, members of racial and ethnic minority groups, women, LGBTQI+ people, those with disabilities, and Veterans to apply. We are committed to building a team that is reflective of New Jersey’s incredible diversity.
We do not discriminate against any candidate because of color, race, age, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, pregnancy, marital status, status as a parent, ancestry, national origin, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, retaliation, or other non-merit based factors.
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Candidates may be required to pass a background check and complete additional steps as part of the application and onboarding process. You will be considered an “at-will” employee, meaning both employer and employee have the right to terminate employment with or without cause or notice.