Partnerships Manager, Navigator Research
The Hub Project
Sales & Business Development
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2023
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a nonprofit effort comprising a growing team of communications, research, operations, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to creating an environment where people from all backgrounds can participate, grow, and succeed in our organization. We believe we have a duty to use our power and privilege to contribute to transformational change to ensure our government is working for everyone and that all families have a fair shot.
Reports to: Director of Strategic Communication, Navigator Research
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full-time; Exempt
Salary Range: $60k - $65k
The Manager, Partnerships will serve as the central coordinator of partnership management and coordination for Navigator Research, a campaign incubated within The Hub Project that conducts a significant volume of quantitative and qualitative research designed to act as a consistent, flexible, responsive tool to inform policy debates for audiences including progressive advocates, elected leaders, and the press. The Manager, Partnerships will be a person that thrives in teamwork settings, has a knack for outreach and working with partners, and is passionate for creative problem-solving.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Managing relationships with existing partners and building relationships with new partners.
- Cultivate new partnerships and relationships and develop target lists for potential future relationships.
- Maintain a partnership database and advise the Senior Director, Polling & Analytics on strategic management of these relationships.
- Effectively organize and communicate information from Navigator Research to partners.
- Organize events, roundtables, panels, and other appearances for the Navigator Research team, including networking opportunities and identifying opportunities for future collaboration.
- Track, attend, and/or assist in organizing Navigator briefings and external polling convenings.
- Respond to inquiries from others that may not be knowledgeable about Navigator Research.
- Accurately differentiates and prioritizes information and determines who from the team needs to be consulted or kept informed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- You are committed to a just and inclusive economy that delivers opportunity and dignity to all Americans, and are passionate about strengthening American democracy.
- You have 3+ years in issue advocacy, community organizing, labor, or political campaigns.
- You have the ability to build and maintain relationships with a diverse range of partners, from peers at partner organizations to senior leaders in the progressive ecosystem.
- You have experience developing strategic partnership strategies and executing on them.
- You have excellent verbal communication skills and have experience with public presentation and network building.
- You’re an excellent writer who loves experimenting with tone, voice, and personality.
- You have experience with and enjoy working collaboratively within a team of varied skill sets.
- You’re flexible, organized, and detail-oriented.
- You’re comfortable working on tight deadlines, have experience working in rapid response or fast-paced environments.
This position is included in a union-represented collective bargaining unit; specific employment terms and conditions are subject to labor-management negotiations and a potential Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employees (and their families). Employees are able to enroll in 401k retirement plan and are eligible for a 3% automatic contribution and up to a 3% employer match on 401k contributions. Employees are also eligible for pre-tax transportation benefits. Employees will receive 120 hours of vacation time, 80 hours of health leave, up to 2 days of casual leave, and 20 hours of volunteer leave annually. Employees will also receive 13 paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Employees are eligible for 12 weeks of paid family and medical leave after 90 days of employment.
The Hub is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
COVID-19 Safety Considerations and Vaccination Policy
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, The Hub requires that any employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees are expected to report to work in person; all individuals entering the Hub offices will be asked to produce vaccination documentation for entrance to the premises. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at HR@newventurefund.org.
How to apply
To begin the application process, click "Apply For This Job." This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
See more open positions at The Hub Project
Something looks off?