Senior Design Associate
The Hub Project
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2023
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a nonprofit effort comprising a growing team of communications, research, operations, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to creating an environment where people from all backgrounds can participate, grow, and succeed in our organization. We believe we have a duty to use our power and privilege to contribute to transformational change to ensure our government is working for everyone and that all families have a fair shot.
Job Title: Senior Design Associate
Reports to: Creative Director
Location: Washington, D.C.
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Salary Range: $55,000 to $63,000
The Hub Project is hiring for a Senior Design Associate that will work closely with The Hub’s Creative Director on various campaigns and initiatives to produce compelling print and digital designs assets (ranging from gifs to bus wraps to billboards).
We’re looking for someone who understands what kind of content performs well online; enjoys exploring typography, color, and composition; maintains high standards for quality; and is a master at creating eye-catching visual designs. The ideal candidate is someone who is good at juggling multiple projects simultaneously, managing their own time, and isn’t afraid to jump into our fast-moving campaigns and respond quickly to breaking news.
As Senior Design Associate, you will...
- Collaborate with campaign teams and other internal and external stakeholders to develop smart and strategic creative products.
- Design social graphics for multiple platforms and placements, sometimes on rapid response timelines.
- Develop assets for offline events like palm cards, flyers, posters, bus wraps, and merch.
- Juggle and manage output for simultaneous, time-sensitive design projects.
- Mobilize around rapid response moments to create design assets.
- Brainstorm innovative and creative approaches to reach different audiences.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- You have a minimum of 2 years experience with design for various platforms
- You’re committed to progressive values and prioritizing diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout your work.
- You’re a self-starter and independent worker.
- You’re a designer who loves experimenting with style, tone, color, and fonts.
- You are comfortable taking on evolving responsibilities.
- You’re organized, detail-oriented, and analytical even in a fast-paced work environment.
- You’re skilled at building systems to manage your workflow and hold yourself accountable to deadlines.
- You’re adept with Adobe Creative Cloud programs including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- You’re comfortable producing content during rapid response moments and exhibit calmness under pressure.
In addition, it would be a bonus if:
- You’ve dabbled in animation, web design, and interactive design
- You have experience designing for new brands or entities
You must submit a portfolio to be considered for this role.
This position is included in a union-represented collective bargaining unit; specific employment terms and conditions are subject to labor-management negotiations and a potential Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employees (and their families). Employees are able to enroll in 401k retirement plan and are eligible for a 3% automatic contribution and up to a 3% employer match on 401k contributions. Employees are also eligible for pre-tax transportation benefits. Employees will receive 120 hours of vacation time, 80 hours of health leave, up to 2 days of casual leave, and 20 hours of volunteer leave annually. Employees will also receive 13 paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Employees are eligible for 12 weeks of paid family and medical leave after 90 days of employment.
The Hub is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
COVID-19 Safety Considerations and Vaccination Policy
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, The Hub requires that any employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees are expected to report to work in person; all individuals entering the Hub offices will be asked to produce vaccination documentation for entrance to the premises. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at HR@newventurefund.org.
How to apply
To begin the application process, click "Apply For This Job." This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
See more open positions at The Hub Project
Something looks off?