Sr. Manager of People & Talent
The Hub Project
People & HR
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a nonprofit effort comprising a growing team of communications, research, operations, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to creating an environment where people from all backgrounds can participate, grow, and succeed in our organization. We believe we have a duty to use our power and privilege to contribute to transformational change to ensure our government is working for everyone and that all families have a fair shot.
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Salary range: $70,000 - $75,000
The Manager of People & Talent will be responsible for managing all aspects of the organization's
people and talent function, including recruitment, employee engagement, performance
management, learning and development, and employee relations in partnership with the NVF HR
team. This position reports directly to the Sr. Director of People Talent & Operations and is a
critical member of the HR leadership team at the Hub.
- In partnership with NVF HR, Develop and implement HR policies and procedures that align with The Hub’s strategic goals and objectives
- Manage the recruitment and selection process, including posting job openings, screening resumes, conducting interviews, and making hiring decisions
- Develop and implement employee engagement and retention programs to ensure a positive work environment and high levels of employee satisfaction
- Develop and implement performance management systems, including goal-setting, performance appraisals, and professional development plans
- Manage employee relations issues, including conflict resolution, disciplinary actions, and performance improvement plans, in partnership with NVF HR.
- Develop and implement learning and development programs to support employee growth and career advancement
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state employment laws, including EEOC, FMLA, FLSA, and ADA, in partnership with NVF HR.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date HR records and reports, including employee files, HR metrics, and compliance documentation
- Collaborate with other departments and campaigns to implement people and talent initiatives that support The Hubs’ objectives
- Lead people and talent-related projects and initiatives as assigned by the Sr. Director of People Talent & Operations
- Manage HR and Operations associates.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or a related field
- 5+ years of progressive HR management experience, with a focus on people and talent management
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with HRIS and other HR technology tools
Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employees (and their families). Employees are able to enroll in 401k retirement plan and are eligible for a 3% automatic contribution and up to a 3% employer match on 401k contributions. Employees are also eligible for pre-tax transportation benefits. Employees will receive 120 hours of vacation time, 80 hours of health leave, up to 2 days of casual leave, and 20 hours of volunteer leave annually. Employees will also receive 13 paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Employees are eligible for 12 weeks of paid family and medical leave after 90 days of employment.
The Hub is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
COVID-19 Safety Considerations and Vaccination Policy
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, The Hub requires that any employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees are expected to report to work in person; all individuals entering the Hub offices will be asked to produce vaccination documentation for entrance to the premises. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at HR@newventurefund.org.
How to apply
To begin the application process, click "Apply For This Job." This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
See more open positions at The Hub Project
Something looks off?