Digital Manager, Democracy Campaigns
The Hub Project
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a nonprofit effort comprising a growing team of communications, research, operations, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to creating an environment where people from all backgrounds can participate, grow, and succeed in our organization. We believe we have a duty to use our power and privilege to contribute to transformational change to ensure our government is working for everyone and that all families have a fair shot.
Job Title: Digital Manager, Democracy Campaigns
Location: Washington, DC
Salary Range: $60,000 to $70,000
The Hub Project is looking for a Manager, Digital to help expand the reach of our democracy campaigns. This role will require innovation and ingenuity as we continue to pioneer innovative digital content strategies, including leveraging relationships with content creators and storytellers to reach target audiences via messengers whom they already trust.
This work includes managing digital content workflows as well as establishing partnerships with individuals and organizations inside and outside the progressive sphere. This will include but is not limited to managing social media platforms, developing social media influencer programs,
forging partnerships with organizations, brands, and celebrities, engaging storytellers and content creators, and more.
This position is included in a union-represented collective bargaining
unit; specific employment terms and conditions are subject to labor management negotiations and a potential Collective Bargaining Agreement.
As Manager, Digital, you will
- Manage day-to-day social media programs on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and
- other social media accounts; including writing and obtaining approval.
- Manage influencer marketing campaigns for our various democracy initiatives.
- Collaborate with the creative team to develop compelling visual assets and deploy content on social media channels.
- Contribute to the development of strategic digital plans for our campaigns, including brainstorming digital tactics.
- Design and execute successful digital campaigns across multiple platforms; including, quickly mobilizing around rapid-response moments.
- Establish and own relationships with partner organizations in order to drive collective action around our initiatives.
- Craft digital analytics reports for our campaigns and use that data to make recommendations on how to adjust our strategy.
- Update websites and landing pages using content management tools like WordPress, SquareSpace, and/or Wix.
- Support experimentation projects to help us measure the efficacy of our work.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- You have 3+ years of demonstrated, relevant work experience in digital communications with campaigns, issue advocacy groups, agencies, or other relevant settings.
- You have experience leveraging partnerships to maximize the impact of digital campaigns.
- You are excited to build and maintain relationships within the progressive movement.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You have a passion for and a curiosity about the way people consume news and information online.
- You have a solid understanding of progressive values and policies and how they intersect with the news.
- You are highly organized, flexible, and detail-oriented with the ability to juggle multiple projects for different stakeholders.
- You are committed to progressive values and prioritizing diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout your work.
- You have a penchant for problem solving and critical-thinking.
- You show initiative and are adaptable to changing requirements.
- You are comfortable collaborating with a team while taking ownership of your piece of a project.
- You are comfortable with fast-paced work.
In addition, it would be a bonus if...
- You have experience running social media influencer campaigns.
- You have experience working on a political campaign or with an advocacy group.
- You have existing relationships within the progressive movement.
- You have relationships with influencer marketing vendors and/or brands that offer sponsored content partnerships.
Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employees (and their families). Employees are able to enroll in 401k retirement plan and are eligible for a 3% automatic contribution and up to a 3% employer match on 401k contributions. Employees are also eligible for pre-tax transportation benefits. Employees will receive 120 hours of vacation time, 80 hours of health leave, up to 2 days of casual leave, and 20 hours of volunteer leave annually. Employees will also receive 13 paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Employees are eligible for 12 weeks of paid family and medical leave after 90 days of employment.
The Hub is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
COVID-19 Safety Considerations and Vaccination Policy
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, The Hub requires that any employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees are expected to report to work in person; all individuals entering the Hub offices will be asked to produce vaccination documentation for entrance to the premises. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at HR@newventurefund.org.
How to apply
To begin the application process, click "Apply For This Job." This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
See more open positions at The Hub Project
Something looks off?