Voter Formation Project
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Voter Formation Project (VFP) is a 501(c)3 organization committed to increasing participation in elections using innovative, long-term, and data-driven digital communications strategies to engage, register, and mobilize new and infrequent voters of color.
VFP is seeking an Operations Associate to assist the Operations Department and the Support Team as a whole, which consists of the CEO and department heads. This is a critical role that will be filled with variety and the opportunity for learning and growth in many different functions. We are seeking someone who delights in organization, structure, and process, but who isn’t afraid to tackle something new.
As the Operations Associate, you will:
- Support the Senior Advisor in recurring people operations needs, such as running payroll, registering for state taxing accounts, and administering benefits.
- Provide monthly documentation to VFP’s accounting firm, allowing for regular financial reports.
- Assist in collecting and filing receipts for organizational purchases, with special attention to the CEO.
- Collaborate with the CEO to manage her schedule, including booking and rescheduling meetings, as needed.
- Provide general assistance to the Support Team, taking meeting notes and assisting with the assignment of tasks.
- Collect and produce reports to follow-up on projects and deadlines to ensure that everything stays on track.
- Monitor VFP’s organizational phone line and route calls, as needed.
- Monitor VFP’s general inbox, ensuring that communication makes it to the right point of contact.
- Help the CEO and other Support Team members prepare for key meetings, including board meetings.
- Support VFP’s department heads in a variety of tasks. As a function of these responsibilities, you will receive exposure not only to the Operations function, but also to the work of Digital Programs, Data and Technology, and Development. This role is a great opportunity for someone seeking to deepen their experience as an Operations Associate, or to explore new career functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of experience as an Operations Associate or in a related role, such as Development Assistant, Operations Assistant, or similar.
- Ability to use and learn a variety of tech tools, such as Google Docs, Notion, Asana, and more. As a distributed workforce, our success depends upon coordination, communication, and collaboration that makes use of these and other tools.
- Strong organizational abilities.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate changing needs and priorities.
- Attention to detail, including close attention to deadlines.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
See more open positions at Voter Formation Project
Something looks off?