Interactive Art Director (UI/UX)
Posted on Friday, January 13, 2023
Why work at Wide Eye?
- Work on meaningful causes, campaigns, and organizations
- Opportunities to work with a highly-creative, award-winning team
- Potential for growth in the role and within the company
- Competitive salaries & benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Paid sabbatical starting at 6 years of service
- Work from home
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Potential to participate in the company 401k and profit-sharing plans
- Annual professional development budget
Strategy & UX (50%)
- Contributes to and leads the development of strategy deliverables including workshops, briefs, personas, and audience, and brand engagement strategies.
- Contributes to and leads user research, tree tests, usability tests, and surveys.
- Designs clear user experiences by creating sitemaps, wireframes, and prototypes that are informed by user experience best practices, brand and content strategy, and audience needs.
- Collaborates with the Engineering team to create user-centered experiences that are achievable, accessible, and scalable.
Design & Production (40%)
- Creatively lead interactive projects and digital design system projects from start to finish—developing a clear design vision for a project, and communicating concepts and ideas to clients.
- Produce web mockups, style treatments, inner page designs, supplementary components, and project documentation for interactive client projects.
- Provides project guidance and advice to more junior designers and helps them hone their craft, presentation abilities, communication skills and strategic understanding.
- Work in partnership with Project Management and Engineers teams to oversee the final execution and delivery of digital deliverables, quality assurance, and ensure that they support all user-facing needs and goals.
- Push the company forward on overall trends in technology and design.
- Perform trainings with clients, as needed.
- Occasionally design and manage client brand assets (logos, style tiles, style guides, illustrations, email templates, social media graphics and online ads)
Secondary Responsibilities (10%)
- Seek opportunities for innovation, and to streamline and document our internal design process.
- Collaboratively with Creative Director(s), introduce new solutions to streamline our design process (including collaborations with third-party content strategists, researchers, and illustrators).
- Oversee and approve creative work produced by more junior designers and/or freelancers, providing guidance on design direction and process.
- Ability to manage a designer
- Contribute to case studies and Wide Eye social media.
- Exemplify user-centric design culture, values, and principles for the broader Wide Eye team.
Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum 6 years experience in interactive and digital brand design
- Strategic thinker as it relates to digital content strategy, content architecture, product design, websites, and user experiences
- Healthy understanding of nonprofit organizations and campaigns
- Ability to concept and create compelling and scalable design systems
- Demonstrated ability to turn data & insights into unique, creative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct design thinking for a wide range of digital products
- Demonstrated ability to manage large content architectures with complex and content-rich websites and/or digital products
- Experience collaborating directly with engineers to build websites and/or digital products
- Knowledge of identity design, layout, and brand principles and techniques
- Strong team leadership skills
- Strong knowledge of responsive design and mobile UI
- Expert-level knowledge of Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to perform in a fast paced and high-impact work environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present work to executives and larger groups
- Highly-creative and resourceful
- Passion and pride in your work
- Interest in progressive politics and progressive causes
- Knowledge of CSS, front-end preprocessors, and frameworks
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with WordPress theme-ing
Annual salary: $95K-$120K plus benefits
See more open positions at Wide Eye
Something looks off?