Associate Director of Media Logistics (Arena)
2024 Democratic National Convention Committee
From August 19-22, 2024, Democrats from all over the country will gather together in the City of Chicago to participate in the Democratic National Convention, where we will nominate President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris for re-election. The Democratic National Convention Committee (DNCC) is assembling a diverse team with skills in community engagement, event logistics, finance, operations, IT, and more. The DNCC team will oversee and deliver on all aspects of the planning and execution of this Convention, from housing the delegates to convening Platform Committee meetings to producing the Convention’s live programming, which will be seen by hundreds of millions of people around the world.
The Associate Director of Media Logistics (Arena) will be a key member of the Media Logistics team and will manage significant projects to ensure the successful delivery of the media operations at the 2024 Democratic National Convention.
The Associate Director of Media Logistics (Arena) will be responsible for tracking all aspects of media operations, working closely with the Congressional Press Galleries, media outlets, external vendors and internal planning teams. They will work with the Deputy Director of Media Logistics (Arena) to account for and address all media needs and their experience during the Convention.
The Media Logistics department is responsible for the operational needs of the 20,000 credentialed media covering the 2024 Democratic National Convention. Media Logistics works closely with media organizations, the Congressional Press Galleries, teams across the DNCC, and local partners to ensure the smooth experience of the media in attendance.
- The Associate Director of Media Logistics (Arena) reports to the Deputy Director of Media Logistics (Arena).
- Working with the Director and Deputy Director of Media Logistics, create and implement plans to ensure the successful logistical operations in support of the 20,000 media covering the Convention.
- Develop diagrams, maps, media guides and other materials that provide clear guidance for identifying where all parties will be assigned prior to, during, and after the Convention within the United Center and outdoor media areas.
- Coordinate volunteer assignments during the Convention.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong candidates are excellent project managers, with experience in events with various moving pieces and people with varying interests.
- Detail-oriented planner with demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and cordially in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to be flexible.
- Strong interpersonal skills, sense of humor and ability to build consensus and work well on a team.
- Willingness to be a proactive team member to help accomplish the goals of the Convention.
Additional consideration will be given for:
- Strong reporter relationships (especially in broadcast, national politics, and/or Chicago).
- Experience in government or campaign events, particularly working or volunteering at previous Democratic Conventions.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The DNCC will mainly operate out of the Headquarters Office, but will also maintain a number of satellite offices and additional venues. All of these spaces are professional office environments, and will require the operation of office equipment such as computers, phones, and copy machines. This position mainly uses an assigned workstation but may require movement or maintaining a stationary position for short or long periods of time. Employees may be asked to do tasks requiring dexterity or lifting items weighing up to 10 lbs. All employees may request a reasonable accommodation to perform their job tasks.
Anticipated Start Date: March 1, 2024
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Travel: This job will require occasional travel—less than 10%.
FLSA Eligibility: This is an exempt position under the FLSA.
Salary & Benefits: The anticipated starting salary for this position is $90,000. The DNCC offers a benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, and disability and life insurance.
To center the safety and well-being of our teams, The DNCC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNCC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Democratic National Convention Committee Committee (DNCC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that is best able to deliver a Convention that reflects the values and diversity of our Party and Country. The DNCC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNCC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.