Media Logistics Manager
2024 Democratic National Convention Committee
From August 19-22, 2024, Democrats from all over the country will gather together in the City of Chicago to participate in the Democratic National Convention, where we will nominate President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris for re-election. The Democratic National Convention Committee (DNCC) is assembling a diverse team with skills in community engagement, event logistics, finance, operations, IT, and more. The DNCC team will oversee and deliver on all aspects of the planning and execution of this Convention, from housing the delegates to convening Platform Committee meetings to producing the Convention’s live programming, which will be seen by hundreds of millions of people around the world.
The Media Logistics Manager will play a critical role in ensuring the successful logistical operations for media covering the Democratic National Convention. The Media Logistics Manager will be responsible for assigned projects coordinating media operations in their assigned spaces. This person will also field press inquiries regarding logistical operations and ensure timely responses.
The Media Logistics department is responsible for the operational needs of the 20,000 credentialed media covering the 2024 Democratic National Convention. Media Logistics works closely with media organizations, the Congressional Press Galleries, teams across the DNCC, and local partners to ensure the smooth experience of the media in attendance.
- The Media Logistics Associate reports to the Deputy Director of Media Logistics.
- Working closely with the media logistics department to support projects as needed.
- Supporting the development of clear timelines and work plans for various media work areas.
- Support developing work plans, diagrams, maps, and other materials.
- Supporting the execution of pre-developed plans by filling identified operational gaps.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- The successful candidate is an excellent team player, with experience working on projects and events with various moving pieces and deadlines.
- Project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as external clients and vendors.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, and excellent computer and research skills.
- Willingness to be a proactive team member to help accomplish the goals of the Convention.
Additional consideration will be given for:
- Strong reporter relationships (especially in broadcast, national politics, and/or Chicago).
- Experience in government or campaign events, particularly working or volunteering at previous Democratic Conventions.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The DNCC will mainly operate out of the Headquarters Office, but will also maintain a number of satellite offices and additional venues. All of these spaces are professional office environments, and will require the operation of office equipment such as computers, phones, and copy machines. This position mainly uses an assigned workstation but may require movement or maintaining a stationary position for short or long periods of time. Employees may be asked to do tasks requiring dexterity or lifting items weighing up to 10 lbs. All employees may request a reasonable accommodation to perform their job tasks.
Anticipated Start Date: March 1, 2024
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Travel: There is no travel expected for this position
FLSA Eligibility: This is a non-exempt position under the FLSA.
Salary & Benefits: The anticipated starting salary for this position is $65,000. The DNCC offers a benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, and disability and life insurance.
To center the safety and well-being of our teams, The DNCC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNCC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Democratic National Convention Committee Committee (DNCC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that is best able to deliver a Convention that reflects the values and diversity of our Party and Country. The DNCC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNCC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.