Venue Technology Project Manager
2024 Democratic National Convention Committee
From August 19-22, 2024, Democrats from all over the country will gather together in the City of Chicago to participate in the Democratic National Convention, where we will nominate President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris for re-election. The Democratic National Convention Committee (DNCC) is assembling a diverse team with skills in community engagement, event logistics, finance, operations, IT, and more. The DNCC team will oversee and deliver on all aspects of the planning and execution of this Convention, from housing the delegates to convening Platform Committee meetings to producing the Convention’s live programming, which will be seen by hundreds of millions of people around the world.
The Venue Technology Project Manager is part of the Democratic National Convention’s Technology department which is responsible for all technological planning and implementation leading up to and during the 2024 Democratic National Convention. The Venue Technology Project Manager will be responsible for all technical buildout aspects of one (or more) of the various DNCC venues. This role will be a combination of strategic decision making, personnel management, and hands-on problem solving. This role must be a strong leader, team player and thrive in ambiguity; and will be responsible for all technical buildout aspects of the various DNCC venues.
The Venue Technology Project Manager reports to the Assoc Director of Technology Project Management.
- Ensure effective collaboration and coordination among project teams to achieve project goals.
- Work closely with assigned venue staff and facilities to understand specific requirements and ensure successful project execution.
- Manage and work closely with vendors providing services within assigned venues.
- Collaborate with vendors to ensure the seamless integration of technology services and adherence to project timelines.
- Foster strong relationships with internal stakeholders to drive technological advancements.
- Ensure that all projects adhere to the required standards of budget, timeline, and scope.
- Assess technology needs and requirements for each project.
- Make informed decisions to achieve implementation goals while aligning with overall organizational objectives.
- Communicate project needs, progress, and statuses to the Technology team and other relevant stakeholders.
- Provide regular updates on project milestones and address any potential issues proactively.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Professional experience: 2+ years of project management experience, preferably related to technology but not required
- Thorough knowledge of Google Docs, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to be flexible
- Extremely well organized with superior attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Ability to adapt to working in a start-up like environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, sense of humor and ability to work well on a team
- Entrepreneurial spirit, strong problem-solving and creative thinking skills Flexibility and an openness to evolving responsibilities
- Willingness to be a proactive team member to help accomplish the goals of the Convention
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The DNCC will mainly operate out of the Headquarters Office, but will also maintain a number of satellite offices and additional venues. All of these spaces are professional office environments, and will require the operation of office equipment such as computers, phones, and copy machines. This position mainly uses an assigned workstation but may require movement or maintaining a stationary position for short or long periods of time. Employees may be asked to do tasks requiring dexterity or lifting items weighing up to 10 lbs. All employees may request a reasonable accommodation to perform their job tasks.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: 2/1/2024 (ASAP)
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
TRAVEL: There is no travel expected for this position.
FLSA ELIGIBILITY: This is an exempt position under the FLSA.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The anticipated starting salary for this position is $85,000. The DNCC offers a benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, and disability and life insurance.
To center the safety and well-being of our teams, The DNCC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNCC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The Democratic National Convention Committee Committee (DNCC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that is best able to deliver a Convention that reflects the values and diversity of our Party and Country. The DNCC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNCC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.