Deputy Director of Credentials
2024 Democratic National Convention Committee
From August 19-22, 2024, Democrats from all over the country will gather together in the City of Chicago to participate in the Democratic National Convention, where we will nominate President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris for re-election. The Democratic National Convention Committee (DNCC) is assembling a diverse team with skills in community engagement, event logistics, finance, operations, IT, and more. The DNCC team will oversee and deliver on all aspects of the planning and execution of this Convention, from housing the delegates to convening Platform Committee meetings to producing the Convention’s live programming, which will be seen by hundreds of millions of people around the world.
The Credentials department is charged with the design and printing of Convention credentials as well as setting a distribution system for 2024 Democratic National Committee Convention attendees. Its responsibilities include: selecting a printer; ensuring through its design that the credential is secure and tamperproof; determining the access levels inside the Convention venue; developing and managing a computer reservation system for distribution; initiating invitation letters from the DNC Chair and collecting responses; and managing the backstage and podium access controls during Convention week. In addition to the Convention credentials, its print and distribution responsibilities include pre- and post-Convention credentials, passes for suites, and other function spaces inside the Convention venue.
The Deputy Director of Credentials reports directly to the Director for Credentials
The Deputy Director of Credentials oversees volunteers and interns and will assist Credential staff oversight
- Managing all administrative aspects of the Office of Credentials including the logistics of office setup and breakdown; new staff processing; development of office security procedures to guarantee security of the credentials and staff; and coordination of department’s volunteer and intern activity including recruitment, screening, and scheduling of volunteers and interns.
- Working with the Director and the Logistics team in the development and implementation of the credentials facilities plan to achieve the Convention logistical objectives and goals.
- Working in a collaborative way with the DNCC teams to ensure all credentialing needs are met.
- Be a highly organized self-starter with project management experience and/or demonstrated ability to use independent judgment required to plan, prioritize, and implement the work plan.
- Have a strong sense of teamwork to foster team building and provide excellent customer service to other DNCC teams.
- Maintain strong attention to detail and effective organizational skills. Have excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Have a demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and be able to work within a database to create and analyze data, track information, and maintain accurate records and reports.
- Have a demonstrated desire to step into various roles as needed.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The DNCC will mainly operate out of the Headquarters Office, but will also maintain a number of satellite offices and additional venues. All of these spaces are professional office environments, and will require the operation of office equipment such as computers, phones, and copy machines. This position mainly uses an assigned workstation but may require movement or maintaining a stationary position for short or long periods of time. Employees may be asked to do tasks requiring dexterity or lifting items weighing up to 10 lbs. All employees may request a reasonable accommodation to perform their job tasks.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: March 20, 2024
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
TRAVEL: There is no travel expected for this position.
FLSA ELIGIBILITY: This is an exempt position under the FLSA.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The anticipated starting salary for this position is $110K. The DNCC offers a benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, and disability and life insurance.
To center the safety and well-being of our teams, The DNCC requires all employees to be "up to date" on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNCC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Democratic National Convention Committee (DNCC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that is best able to deliver a Convention that reflects the values and diversity of our Party and Country. The DNCC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNCC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
The Democratic National Convention Committee is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, the DNCC will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations for the hiring process. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact email@example.com.