Vice President, Digital Marketing (comp listed)
Reports to: Senior Vice President
Location: Washington, DC, Milwaukee, WI, or remote location
ABD Direct, a full service direct marketing fundraising firm, is looking for a talented and seasoned professional to help us lead and deliver winning digital marketing strategies for progressive nonprofit and advocacy clients as well as political campaigns and committees. We work to impact such vital issues as saving the environment, defending human and reproductive rights, safeguarding democracy and voting rights, and helping to elect Democrats.
For more than 40 years, we have fostered dedicated partnerships with non-profit charitable and advocacy organizations, pushing the boundaries of direct response fundraising and securing the resources and support they need to fulfill their critical missions. ABD Direct has a long history of developing forward-thinking direct response fundraising solutions which pave the way for success for some of the nation’s leading non-profit organizations and progressive political campaigns.
ABD Direct is currently seeking a Vice President, Digital Marketing who will lead the company’s digital division to provide a robust set of integrated and stand-alone digital services for our clients. The Vice President will chart a course for growth of this division, leading new business development for the digital division, leading, managing and mentoring existing staff, and developing and overseeing vendor relationships and other external resources to set our direction for stability and growth. The Vice President will be a seasoned fundraiser with the knowledge and desire to be on the leading-edge of the digital fundraising evolution, and possess comprehensive knowledge of how to drive integrated fundraising programs and possess significant experience in working across various teams, building and growing new teams, new business development, and project management.
ABD Direct is committed to ensuring that our employees reflect our country’s vast and valuable mix of racial, ethnic, and gender identities and socioeconomic backgrounds. Our ability to be an ideal partner for the organizations we serve requires that we build teams with a rich blend of talent, work experiences, perspectives, backgrounds, political affiliations, and beliefs. We strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment where all people belong and are able to participate fully and contribute meaningfully to the work we do to change the world.
Team and Division Management (35%)
- Responsible for developing long term and annual strategies and budgets for department, ensuring the division is staffed appropriately to support workload and pricing structure is in place to support division profitability.
- Serves as a member of the ABD Direct senior leadership team
- Plays a key role in supporting the division’s ongoing diversity, equity and inclusion initiative.
- Leads all members of the ABD Direct digital team:
- Establish team structure and provide a course for professional growth and development opportunities for the team.
- Ensures annual goals are established and a plan is in place to assist the team in meeting these goals.
- Works to create a great place to work to support overall morale, staff retention, and inspire commitment to shared company vision.
- Supports the overall brand and marketing efforts of ABD Direct, both internally and externally, including, but not limited to representing ABD Direct at industry events, both through attendance and presentations, volunteering in industry committees, groups, and the like, participating in internal promotions and office events.
- Drives ABD Direct’s online presence, managing editorial content and calendar for the website and social channels and ensuring this supports the overall brand and marketing efforts of the company.
Account Strategy/Client Oversight (45%)
- Serves as senior account lead, providing the vision required to set program direction, strategy, and goals
- Works with client to develop and execute strategies for growing their digital fundraising programs. This could include:
- Managing email communications programs (fundraising and advocacy)
- Developing and executing online acquisition efforts;
- Search engine marketing and Google Grant management;
- Display advertising; and
- Social advertising and social media management;
- SMS campaign management; and
- List growth.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends to ensure our clients are utilizing the latest and best tools and strategies to engage their donors for a long-term and profitable relationship.
- Manages client relationships as well as relationships with other vendors involved with each client.
- Analyzes and applies data to achieve clients’ program growth and productivity
- Develops program plan and then works with team to develop a working budget that is the roadmap for the year.
- Spearheads ongoing analysis and reporting to measure success, identify challenges, and recommend course corrections.
New Business Development and Organizational Development (20%)
- Responsible, with support and input from senior leadership, for design and execution of the new business development plan.
- Helps produce new client proposals and serves as strategic and creative lead on new client pitches.
- Works with all team members to maximize industry opportunities, including identification and cultivation of new clients generated from those events.
- Networks with own potential client contacts as well as existing ABD Direct clients to create new business opportunities for the digital department.
- Represents ABD Direct at industry events, both through attendance and presentations.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 15+ years experience in non-profit, for profit or political direct marketing, with a concentrated emphasis on digital advocacy or fundraising, or an equivalent combination of related training and relevant experience.
- Knowledge of business plan development and successful implementation of business plans.
- A proven track record of developing and executing successful short- and long-range fundraising and messaging strategies.
- Extensive knowledge of digital fundraising platforms used within the industry.
- Adept at planning, prioritizing, organizing, following through deadline-oriented projects
- Able to build, grow and manage high-functioning teams working under tight deadlines and revenue expectations.
- High degree of emotional intelligence required to work within and across key teams and divisions, both internally and externally.
- Commitment to maintaining excellence in client service.
- Able to work independently in a changing environment, meet tight deadlines, exercise good judgment and decision-making to set and meet results-oriented goals.
- Some travel required; ability to work off-hours in support of client meetings and events.
Base salary ranges from $150,000 - $175,000 + incentive bonuses. Benefits include paid leave, health care coverage, matching 401k, and the ability to work remotely. Please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.