Associate, Web & Digital Content
Status: Full Time
Location: Remote or Washington, DC (strongly preferred)
JOB SUMMARY AND KEY PRIORITIES:
The Web & Digital Content Associate is responsible for strategically implementing updates made on the Active Minds website, bringing projects, new page requests, and updates to existing content from all departments to life. In particular, the Associate will process work requests for new and updated content on the site by selecting components from our robust website component library carefully matched with the corresponding content and design assets in the work request. The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong design background and eye, fluency in WordPress, solid copywriting and proofreading skills, and familiarity with Figma or another design tool.
The Web & Digital Content Associate reports to the Chief Marketing Officer, in addition to collaborating with other staff to communicate the Active Minds brand, its programs, relevant news, and content that amplify the organization’s theory of change.
ABOUT ACTIVE MINDS:
Active Minds is the nation’s leading nonprofit organization supporting mental health awareness and education for young adults. Through our presence in more than 1,000 K-12 schools, college campuses, and communities, and with a wide-reaching public audience, Active Minds is creating communities of support and saving lives. Founded in 2003 by Alison Malmon after the tragic suicide of her brother, Brian, Active Minds is dedicated to supporting a new generation in ending the silence, helping to make mental health as highly valued as physical health. We approach our work with a racial equity lens and are committed to the continued process of being and becoming a more antiracist and inclusive organization. Through our many programs, we are changing social norms and behaviors related to mental health across the country.
Website Content Management (70%)
- Design and improve webpages to clearly communicate ideas and optimize user flows in accordance with the Active Minds Style Guide and using pre-built web templates as a design base.
- Lead copy and content updates on the Active Minds website and forms, including drafting, editing, proofreading, and/or incorporating new or revised copy to reflect timely priorities.
- Implement and manage content updates on the website from across the organization by building and updating pages in WordPress using our custom page builder, and occasionally support special event microsites and landing pages, as well as associated assets and forms.
- Coordinate with internal and external technology partners to connect front-end design (WordPress) with back-end support and data storage in Active Minds’ CRM (Salesforce).
- Manage and optimize web analytics, including ongoing traffic tracking and reporting, to assess website effectiveness and to prioritize investment in continued website development.
- Lead quarterly reviews of content audits to ensure quality, accuracy, and relevancy of all website content.
- Support the Visual Brand Manager by populating, organizing and updating Active Minds’ Digital photo albums.
Support Digital Advertising (15%)
- Create and optimize paid search campaigns and other digital advertising, including keyword research, quality score management and bidding optimization, in coordination with Marketing and Communications teammates.
Additional Responsibilities (15%)
- Support the integration of Active Minds’ visual brand into the Active Minds store webpage
- Participate in Active Minds’ commitment to Antiracism and Inclusion, including serving on internal committees and continuing personal growth and knowledge gaining.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong understanding of design principles including web standards and responsiveness, user interface design (UI), typography, hierarchy, and accessibility is an absolute must.
- Stickler for details and quality.
- Passion for exceptional UI/UX.
- Belief that equity and social justice are important and driven to hear, reflect, and act on this belief.
- Accustomed to working on multiple projects with different deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, and with fellow staff members.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude who enjoys working proactively.
You need to have:
- A portfolio that demonstrates an excellent understanding of web design principles.
- Degree (or demonstrable experience) in Web Design or UI design. Additionally education or experience in Journalism/English/Communications/Marketing fields a major plus.
- At least one year of professional experience managing content and building websites and webpages using pre-programmed page builders. Basic HTML/CSS understanding is a plus.
- Knowledge of wireframe tools a major plus.
- Fluency using WordPress, experience with SEO, SEM, and Google Analytics/related tools a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience in nonprofit marketing and communications efforts.
- Experience with CRM systems (ex. Salesforce) and other databases a plus.
- Professional digital literacy, including Microsoft and Google products, and online meeting tools.
Active Minds is a place where every employee matters. We value diverse perspectives, radical authenticity, and a community-driven approach. We dream big, offering flexibility to staff while we work to achieve our mission. As such, we are proud to offer competitive salaries and benefits and an environment that is friendly to remote working and life/work balance.
Active Minds is an equal opportunity employer that works to advance racial equity and social justice in an increasingly multicultural and globally connected world. We value diverse experiences, including with regard to educational background, intersectional identities, and lived experiences. We make a particular effort to recruit people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, and people with other marginalized identities. Active Minds encourages all to apply for our open positions as we depend on a diverse staff to carry out our mission.
This position offers an initial salary range of $50-55K along with robust benefits. The starting pay for this position is equal to others at the same level throughout the organization. Candidates whose experience meets both the minimum and preferred qualifications may be considered for a starting salary that exceeds the current amount. The role sits within Active Minds Level 1 salary band, and as such, has the potential to grow to $65k over time. FLSA Status: Exempt.
Active Minds has an industry-leading and competitive benefits package that includes Health, Vision and Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation and Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, Company Wide Mental Health Days, 401(k) Matching, HSA and FSA Options, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Fully Paid Parental Leave, Wellness Reimbursement Program, and Professional Development Stipends.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover through this application form.
Active Minds is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. It is important to us to reflect the communities we serve. Active Minds thus recruits, hires, trains, compensates, and promotes our staff regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.