Send Silence Packing Exhibit Coordinator (Seasonal)
Position Title: Send Silence Packing Exhibit Coordinator
Status: Seasonal (March 2024-May 2024)
Location: Traveling Role (100%); Applicants from all 50 states will be considered
JOB SUMMARY AND KEY PRIORITIES:
Active Minds is seeking energetic, dedicated, and responsible individuals interested in Public Health to travel the country with our Send Silence Packing exhibit. The coordinators will manage and support the operations of the touring exhibit for 15-30 stops in an assigned region.
ABOUT ACTIVE MINDS
Active Minds is the nation’s leading nonprofit organization changing the culture around mental health. Active Minds is creating communities of support and saving lives through our presence at more than 1,000 high school and college campuses, in corporate settings, and with a wide-reaching public audience. Founded in 2003 by Alison Malmon after the tragic suicide of her brother Brian, Active Minds is dedicated to supporting a new generation in ending the silence, helping to make mental health as highly valued as physical health. Through our many programs –including the emotionally gripping Send SilencePacking® traveling exhibit and our
compelling Active Minds Speakers – we are changing culture and behaviors related to mental health nationwide.
ABOUT SEND SILENCE PACKING
Rooted in a dynamic story-sharing format displayed through mixed mediums, Send Silence Packing (SSP) is an immersive experience that illustrates the stories and centers the voices of youth and young adults as they guide us through their mental health journeys to end the silence surrounding suicide. Now entering its 15th year on the road, SSP has connected more than a million visitors in over a hundred communities with resources and tools for skills and support. The exhibit serves as a mobilizing force to change the way we think, talk, and feel about mental health, and (perhaps most importantly,) how we show up for the people around us.
● Travel: Coordinators will share responsibility in driving a branded box truck between sites, launching in and returning to Washington, DC
● Client/host interfacing: Set up site visits, answer questions, coordinate times, discuss logistics, etc., with event hosts to ensure a successful event
● Proactive engagement: Engage in discussion with and offer resources to event
participants and passersby
● Volunteer management: Educate site volunteers on the SSP program and goals.
Effectively manage 15-25 on-site volunteers to help with set-up, tear-down, and staff the event throughout the day
● Equipment management: Track inventory and quality of program equipment and
materials ensuring the best possible appearance and exhibit experience
● Media correspondence and donor engagement: Represent Active Minds and Send
Silence Packing to on-site local media outlets, and engage with donors on-site when appropriate
● Social media and storytelling: Contribute to the online presence of the program by providing images for social media and written content on the Active Minds blog in collaboration with the Active Minds Communications team
● Consistent communication, tracking, and reporting: Attend weekly virtual check-ins with the Send Silence Packing Programs Associate, submit reports after every event, report incidents, etc.
● Professional representation of Active Minds: Act as ambassadors of Active Minds
while on the road, including adhering to the utmost standards of professionalism
Onboarding will provide the following training focus:
● Current Active Minds Programs
● Current trends in mental health, relevant information to do with suicide prevention and awareness
● Leadership, team building, and teamwork
● Equipment Management and Exhibit Operations
● Media Training
● Participant and Customer Experience Training
● Geopointe (For traveling time and distance between tour stops)
● Salesforce (Customer relationship management software)
● Internal Communications: SLACK, Google Calendar, and Gmail
● Have a valid U.S. driver’s license, a clean driving record, and the willingness and ability to drive a box truck for extended hours.
● Be able to engage in light to moderate lifting and be comfortable with manual labor.
● Be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus due to proximity to other staff members.
This position offers a wage rate of $18 per hour and a $45 daily per diem. FLSA Status: Non-Exempt.
Active Minds is a place where every employee matters. We value diverse perspectives, radical authenticity, and a community-driven approach. We dream big, offering flexibility to staff while we work to achieve our mission. As such, we are proud to offer competitive salaries and benefits and an environment that is friendly to remote working and life/work balance.
Active Minds is an equal opportunity employer that works to advance racial equity and social justice in an increasingly multicultural and globally connected world. We value diverse experiences, including with regard to educational background, intersectional identities, and lived experiences. We make a particular effort to recruit people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, and people with other marginalized identities. Active Minds encourages all to apply for our open positions as we depend on a diverse staff to carry out our mission.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume through this application form.
Active Minds is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. It is important to us to reflect the communities we serve. Active Minds thus recruits, hires, trains, compensates, and promotes our staff regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.