Advanced Energy Industry Analyst
Advanced Energy Economy
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2023
Advanced Energy United (formerly known as Advanced Energy Economy) educates, engages, and advocates for policies that allow our member companies to compete to power our economy with 100% clean energy. We work with decisionmakers at every level of government, as well as regulators of energy markets to achieve this goal. The businesses we represent are lowering consumer costs, creating millions of new jobs, and providing the full range of clean, efficient, and reliable energy and transportation solutions. Today, our industry employs more than 3.3 million Americans. Together, we are united in our mission to accelerate the transition to 100% clean energy in the United States. If you’re an entrepreneurial, innovative, analytical and thoughtful person looking to make an impact in the clean energy space, United might be the perfect place for you to share your talents. Team members at United are given the trust and responsibility to make big things happen, and myriad opportunities to learn new skills, explore new issue areas, and work with a broad cross section of the clean energy community. Being a team member at United also means working with a talented and diverse group of people, some who bring decades of experience spanning advocacy, philanthropy, clean tech, government and more—and our collaborative approach means we get to learn from each other, expert and novice, every day. And while our organization is fully remote, we are proud of the people-focused culture we have built and the connectedness of our team.We work on serious issues, take our mission seriously, but never take ourselves too seriously. Position Description Advanced Energy United (“United”) seeks a highly energetic, smart, innovative Advanced Energy Industry Analyst to join our policy team to work with other United team members to develop and implement multi-year strategies and campaigns designed to achieve policy successes that will accelerate the energy transition while expanding markets for the advanced energy industry.Working with our lead for content and education, the Analyst will provide subject matter expertise and quantitative and qualitative analysis in support of our state and federal policy teams related to advanced energy markets, technologies and policies. This Principal level role will play a key part in conducting research and supporting United's thought leadership, developing reports, including our annual job reports and fact sheets, conducting market analysis and developing other materials that support our advocacy work. This includes in-house reports and reports prepared by outside consultants. The Analyst will also assume responsibility for conducting our annual policy portfolio analysis that examines the impacts of our work.This newly created role will report to the Senior Fellow for Content and Education. Responsibilities
- Under the guidance of the United lead for content and education, collaborate with the Policy team to develop reports and fact sheets, conduct analyses, and develop other materials that support our policy advocacy.
- Collaborate with Policy team members to identify areas where support can be provided
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Manage upkeep of materials/documents
- Manage, update and refine our annual policy portfolio analysis that quantifies the impact of our policy advocacy work.
- Bachelor’s degree (Economics, Engineering, or Science preferred) or applicable comparable experience; Master’s degree is a plus.
- 3-6 years of relevant professional experience
- Solid understanding of the energy/utilities sector with an emphasis on advanced energy technologies, economics and markets, including a basic understanding of the energy policy environment. Experience with policy advocacy is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to develop and work with complex spreadsheets to conduct market and economic analysis.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to identify and manage priorities
- Entrepreneurial approach, flexible attitude, and ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal. Must have the ability to convey complex topics to a non-technical or layperson audience.
- Intellectual curiosity, inquisitive nature, and excellent listening and problem-solving skills.
- Performance-oriented individual with a strong work ethic, demonstrated initiative and commitment to achieving goals.
- Must be willing to travel up to 15%.
- Remote work and flexible schedule
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
- Medical premiums covered for employees at 100%
- Flexible spending plans for health care and dependent care
- Profit Sharing opportunities and annual merit-based compensation increases
- $50/month personal wellness reimbursement
- $50/month phone stipend
- Up to $200 reimbursement for home office set-up
- Accrued Paid Time Off, 11 Federal Holidays, and an annual end-of-year closure
- Parental Leave
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development reimbursement
- 401(k) plan (with matching incentives)
- WMATA Transit Smart Benefits (DMV employees)