Campaign Coordinator - Child Care Providers United
This position will lead the Child Care Providers United - Pennsylvania (CCPU-PA) campaign, a statewide joint effort of AFSCME and SEIU representing 1,400 family childcare providers. Ideal candidate must be an energetic, committed individual to build a durable organization of family childcare providers across the commonwealth that can mobilize and fight to raise the profile of home-based childcare and raise standards for providers and children. This position prioritizes membership growth and includes responsibilities for organizing and mobilizing providers.
- Develops provider leaders and creates mobilization and communication structures within the membership.
- Directs organizing staff assigned to the campaign, including goal setting, reviewing benchmarks, and debriefing campaign progress.
- Manages the organization’s resources effectively.
- Leads CCPU’s efforts in the legislature to raise standards in the field, including winning fair compensation for family providers and advocating policies that stabilize the family childcare supply to ensure access to childcare for all Commonwealth families who need it.
- Responsible for outreach to stakeholders, including advocacy organizations and state administrators of childcare programs and funding.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university desirable.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in union or community organizing; or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of union organizing practices and principles.
- Experience with coalition-building and mobilization around legislative or political issues.
- Demonstrated leadership and motivational skills, including the ability to set benchmarks and implement systems of accountability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Capacity to work independently.
- Knowledge of early childhood education issues and/or the Pennsylvania legislature is desirable.
- Extended work hours, weekend work and extensive travel required.
- Candidate must have a car and a valid driver’s license.
Posting Date: March 2, 2022