Accounting Clerk II - PerCap
Accounting & Finance
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 1, 2023
This position processes, inputs, reconciles and analyzes a variety of financial and accounting transactions and information ranging from simple to complex according to Union and department policies and procedures. Additional duties will include:
- Use accounting software systems, spreadsheets and word processing software to perform a variety of accounting related tasks.
- Prepares and works with complex worksheets that are developed from source documents and accounting data systems for analysis and reporting.
- Creates schedules, reports and analyses for review by supervisory staff.
- Creates invoices for affiliates and customers.
- Communicates with vendors and staff by telephone, email and memos.
- Maintains records, logs, and files of transactions and activities.
- Input affiliate data into the PerCap database.
- Perform reconciliations of bank accounts as assigned.
- Process affiliate rebate payments.
- Prepare end of month schedules as needed.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent and one year of bookkeeping or accounting coursework at the college level, and a minimum of three (3) years of experience in an accounting environment performing a variety of tasks or any combination of education and experience that would provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered.
- Accounting degree preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while working with minimal supervision; manage time effectively to meet deadlines and be self-motivated to learn and take on new tasks and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate a high degree of organizational skills, accuracy, attention to detail and workflow output.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with co-workers, management and others external to AFSCME.
- Proficiency with a personal computer, 10-key calculator and in the use of Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel, Word and Access.
- Experience using PC accounting software.
- Experience with the use of Microsoft Dynamics GP accounting software and ADP software is desirable.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
**A Skills Assessment may be required of all candidates.**
See more open positions at AFSCME
Something looks off?