Data & Analytics Operations Manager
Operations, Data Science
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2023
Managing and overseeing the ingestion of officer data into systems at the international union. Oversees the AFSCME Membership call center. Manages all aspects of the political rebate process. Responsible for managing the registration of delegates at the International Biennial Convention with assistance from the Department Director.
- Works with the Data Operations team and affiliates to ensure officer data is processed into Unionware systems. This includes working with other data teams to create improved processes.
- Reviews operational efficiency and create standard operating procedures and guidelines for activities listed in this job description.
- Manages staff on the membership call center team and ensures proper phone coverage.
- Generates reports to stakeholders on membership call center statistics.
- Works with affiliates and other departments to address expired officer lists and information.
- Assists with the coordination of pre-registration of delegates and alternates for International Conventions and works with affiliate staff to resolve credential problems.
- Responsible for training staff on the use of AFSCME software products for managing the registration process of delegates, alternates and guests for the International Convention.
- Oversees the production and mailing of membership cards to members throughout the year, and the full membership card run every other year.
- Assists in managing all aspects of the annual member political rebate process.
- Works in collaboration with other Data Analytics teams to provide leadership mailing list as requested from other departments.
- Works with Office of General Counsel to ensure accurate affiliate status changes are applied to data systems.
- Ensure the tracking and processing of paper submitted officer updates.
- Coordinates and/or conducts officer update training of Affiliates’ Unionware systems.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in Computer Science or Business
A minimum of five (5) years experience in a large labor union or any equivalent combination of education, training, skills and/or experience which would provide the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of an automated membership tracking system.
- Extensive knowledge of AFSCME’s structure, mission and objectives.
- Experience working with the registration process for large Conventions.
- Experience with Unionware and officer processing
- Ability to define business requirements, relay and document requirements, and streamline operational processes.
- Ability to plan, implement and complete multiple projects.
- Ability to perform research, analysis and prepare reports.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage staff.
- Knowledge of technical data processing concepts and ability to work closely with technical staff is desirable.
Travel & Work hours
- Extended hours including weekends and travel may be required.
See more open positions at AFSCME
Something looks off?