Field Data Manager
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2023
Manages the day-to-day communications, reporting and tracking of Field Data Coordinators in their assigned regions. Ensures coordination of AFSCME Data & Analytics activities across departments and with council and local leadership. The position will create efficiencies and find new innovations using data to build successful campaigns.
- Manages the department’s field staff, setting priorities, and assigning staff to field campaigns and affiliate projects in consultation with the Director.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates data systems/processes for political and field campaigns.
- Provide guidance on data and systems for organizing and hybrid campaigns.
- Works with the Organizing and Field Services & Political Action departments on data campaign strategies and programs.
- Serves as primary liaison between Data & Analytics and the Organizing and Field Services Departments at Headquarters and in the Field.
- Establishes and documents standard operating procedures for recurrent/ongoing field campaign processes.
- Works collaboratively with the Analytics team manager to ensure data integrity in VAN for field campaigns.
- Serves as an escalation point for VAN and SQL support for staff in the field.
- Provides best practices for implementing tools used in phone, text, walk and relational member/voter contact programs.
- Translates technical concepts into easy-to-follow language for non-technical audiences.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with course work in data science
A minimum of five (5) years of related experience with demonstrated competency in management of data campaigns and previous supervision of staff or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Thorough knowledge of data management for both political and organizing campaigns.
- A track record of working with and administering VAN for field campaigns.
- Ability to use Asana to manage and track campaign requests
- Familiarity with SQL query building.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to recruit, train and supervise staff.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with council and local affiliate leaders, staff and activists as well as coalition partners.
- Effective skills in public speaking and training, and written communication skills.
- Experience with campaign tools and voter file management for campaigns.
- High level of attention to detail, proactive problem-solver.
Travel & Work hours
- Driving, extensive travel and extended work hours including weekends required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
See more open positions at AFSCME
Something looks off?