Video Productions Coordinator
This position is responsible for producing high quality videos from concept to delivery, with a focus on human storytelling and cinematography. The incumbent will have advanced knowledge of social media and industry trends, and an interest in finding new ways to use the video medium to deliver the union’s message.
- Collaborates with other team members and outside departments to help develop video ideas, write and edit scripts.
- Produces storyboards and other visuals and develops production plans.
- Works independently to produce high quality creative assets as assigned.
- Films and photographs members and union officers in studio and in remote locations, including coordination and scheduling.
- Organizes the hiring and supervision of freelancers when necessary, and coordinates with clients, staff, affiliates and contractors to receive required materials and main deadlines.
- Demonstrates and enforces a high standard of visual and cinematic quality.
- Critiques and reviews rough cuts and work from junior staff and freelancers.
- Helps train and develop video staff members.
- Organizes and maintains studio space and equipment.
- Maintains calendar and task statuses in project management software.
- Serves as lead video producer for AFSCME conferences and conventions.
- Performs other duties as required to support the department and its mission.
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with course work in film or electronic media production, journalism, or communications.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience, including five (5) years of experience producing videos in a high output studio; or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- In depth knowledge of video production from concept to delivery.
- Experience producing and filming on-location in dynamic conditions.
- Experience with studio and on-location photography.
- In depth knowledge of social media platforms and strategies.
- Advanced multi-format video and audio editing skills using Adobe Creative Cloud software.
- Diversity in creative style, with the ability to create content for campaigns with various audiences.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to think critically and raise questions about project concepts and requirements when appropriate.
- Ability to make sound independent decisions about edits, cuts for time, aesthetic calls, etc. to efficiently produce high quality deliverables for final approval.
Extended Hours and Travel:
- Extended travel and work hours required.
- A valid driver’s license required.