This position reports to the Director of Data & Analytics and will provide management support for major projects and activities within multiple functional areas of the department. In addition to assistance with oversight of departmental teams, this role will be responsible for developing and maintaining strong collaborative partnerships with external organizations such as progressive political and labor groups that leverage the collective data skills and resources of both parties to support and advance the priorities of the union.
- Represent the Director at internal and external meetings when the Director is unavailable or otherwise so directs the Associate Director.
- Assist the Director with oversight of the day-to-day work of other Departmental Teams.
- Work closely with the Director, with representatives of other IU Departments, and with affiliate leaders and staff on relevant projects.
- Along with the Director, helps to develop and maintain short-term operational plans and long-term strategic plans for the department.
- Work to maintain collaborative partnerships with external organizations.
- Collaborate with department’s Field Data Manager to set priorities and establish standard operating procedures for organizing and political campaigns.
- Assist with affiliate projects in consultation with the Director.
- Assist with the day-to-day operations of the department with a special focus on ensuring that functional teams are operating together smoothly.
- Represent and advocate for the needs of the data department with vendors.
- Assists the Director with recruitment and management of a staff with diverse skill sets across functional teams.
- Contributes to accomplishment of department’s objectives and constructive discipline while building employee morale and motivation.
- Leads the development of department staff to meet changing technology requirements.
- Coordinates activities with the appropriate department’s personnel on all projects requiring cross-team staffing.
- Works with appropriate management to ensure effective liaison activities with all other AFSCME Departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration with a minimum of seven (7) years of management experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities for the position:
- Advanced experience managing technical staff, program/project management, contract administration, and data analytics. Must possess superior personnel management skills and good interpersonal skills.
- Campaign data experience, ideally in a mid-to-senior data role.
- Advanced ability to lead a staff team responsible for distinct functional areas.
- Advanced experience in database systems and tools (including Membership systems, VAN, SQL or other similar systems and query languages).
- Advanced ability to manage multiple tasks of varying types and complexities.
- Advanced ability to lead, manage, and supervise personnel and manage projects. Ability to motivate and direct team members and build productive cooperative work teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Union or Association applications experience desired.
Travel & Work hours
- Extended work hours including weekends, travel and a valid driver’s license are required.