Field Data Coordinator
This position is responsible for administering data on organizing campaigns. The incumbent will assist the department and affiliates to utilize advanced data tools and techniques to facilitate data-driven campaigns and strategy. Successful candidates will have experience working in the field on organizing and/or political campaigns and will have used VAN extensively for organizing (political and/or labor). They also must have a thorough understanding of Excel.
- Assist AFSCME International Staff and affiliates in developing data processes to accurately measure progress toward organizing goals.
- Provide data driven strategic guidance on best tactics to achieve goals to organizing leadership.
- Manipulate voter, membership, volunteer and other person level data.
- Work with internal and external staff to establish best practices and standards for data collection, acquisition and preservation.
- Provide data, targeting and technological guidance on issue and electoral campaigns.
- Administer, support and train users on VAN and Catalist’s M Tool.
Education and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or a minimum of two (2) years of related work experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Effective analysis skills.
- Field and campaign experience.
- Strong commitment to the labor movement.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate technical subjects to non–technical individuals.
- Advanced Excel skills are required and experience with database platforms like Microsoft Access and more advanced SQL and query construction is a plus (not required).
- Experience as an administrator on VAN, including creating users and generating reports.
- Some familiarity with datasets such as Catalist and NCEC.
- Understanding of common direct voter contact programs and labor organizing practices.
- Experience in the use of data and analytics to drive effective decision-making.
- Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively and work under deadline pressures.
Travel, Driving & Work hours:
- Driving, travel, temporary assignments and extended work hours including weekends are required.
- Valid driver’s license required.