Administrative Assistant II
Provides overall coordination of daily administrative activities of the Director and staff by monitoring the workflow, keeping the Director abreast of daily activities, being knowledgeable of the status of project activities and performing follow-up procedures on matters for the Director.
- Manages the budgets throughout the year, tracking budget to actual to ensure we remain within budget and justify any overages.
- Reviews all invoices submitted via PN3 for accuracy and correct budget coding.
- Supervises the responsibilities and work of the Customer Service Project Technician.
- Provides lease abstracting and tracking assistance to the Director. Maintains the Lease Commitment Report and lease information spreadsheets with critical dates.
- Manages lease termination dates by notifying the director three months prior to lease expiration.
- Coordinates and ensures all the field office’s monthly rents and CAM charges are paid correctly. Submits modifications for rent increases.
- Manages all leases and contracts for Administration and Facilities to ensure they are reviewed and approved by General Counsel and fully executed by both parties.
- Maintains the lending library inventory of cellphones, and hot spots. Monitors and analyzes the wireless plan data allotment and current usage per user and makes recommendations for more cost-effective options. Understands AT&T’s wireless options and has a working knowledge of the AT&T portal.
- Acts as initial contact/reference person for the department. Reviews and answers general correspondence for the Director and makes necessary decisions required to ensure timely accomplishment of the departments' objectives and projects as required.
- Provides oversight and management of copier database and contract tracking.
- Serves as a back-up in coordinating the programming of the front door schedules, and programming Kastle badge access.
- Coordinates the Director’s schedule, follows up on open items, and handles phone calls when appropriate.
- Manages the Director’s travel arrangements.
- Manages the capital budgets and tracks spending to ensure we don’t exceed the approved amount.
- Assists the Director in handling the department's confidential affairs, including employee and labor relations issues.
- Supports the Director with furniture and equipment tracking system for Headquarter and field offices.
- Tracks office calendar for employees approved leave and update as necessary.
- Sends daily correspondence via email to department notifying of any absences, vacations or other pertinent information to convey.
- Manages department’s attendance and works directly with Human Resources in submitting weekly attendance reports.
- Performs related work as required.
Education and Experience
Graduation from high school with extensive knowledge of office management, advanced secretarial/administrative skills; or any equivalent combination of education and experience which would be acquired through the completion of an associate degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience as an executive or senior supervisory administrative support person working in a confidential environment that provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing situations for the purpose of accomplishing results.
- Ability to create and manage budgets.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office Suite/Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook) and SharePoint.
- Excellent calendar coordination and scheduling management.
- Ability to compose correspondence using standard grammar and collect and analyze information.
- Strong organizational and proofreading skills.
- Experience directing the work of others.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Ability to develop and use a confidential filing and retrieval system.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
Travel & Work hours
- Occasional travel and extended work hours may be required.