Special Projects Coordinator (Field)
Who We Are:
The Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE), AFSCME Council 28, has a long history of fighting for workers’ rights and employee benefits while tackling social justice issues with passion and energy. The WFSE has been operating in the state capital for 80 years fighting for fairness and equality. We ensure hard-working public service workers get better pay, health care, retirement, and a healthy work environment. There is more to accomplish, and we believe we can accomplish it with the right personnel. Come join our team and be part of a larger mission that will make an impact for years to come. Learn more about who we are at: wfse.org.
What We are Looking For:
The Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE) is recruiting to fill a vacancy for a Special Projects Coordinator position located remotely within Washington State. This position is responsible for coordinating regional and statewide strategic internal organizing initiatives and ensures their effective execution through data analysis as directed by Council leadership. This position works under the day-to-day supervision of the Field Program Director and will be assigned to oversee and lead special projects including regional and statewide internal organizing campaigns, contract campaigns, issue-based campaigns, and regional membership blitzes. This position is technically advanced and understands how to use data to help implement field operations. The Special Projects Coordinator works in collaboration with Field Supervisors and the Data Administration team.
Additional duties include:
- Coordinate the development of supporting communication and outreach materials.
- Help identify key internal/issue campaigns,
- Design themes and messages for campaigns and assists field staff with implementation of said campaigns.
- Responsible for conducting research, developing strategies, and implementing internal organizing campaigns, contract campaigns, issue-based campaigns, and regional statewide blitzes.
- Recruit, train, and track time loss members to assist with campaigns and blitzes. Coordinate and direct their work while on time loss.
- Mentor staff in best practices to engage members to get involved in internal organizing drives and contract campaigns.
- Assist in the administration of data systems for field staff usage.
- Provide data and technical guidance on internal organizing campaigns and blitzes.
- Assist field staff in developing best practices to accurately measure progress toward organizing.
- Prepare WFSE data program analysis and make strategic recommendations on how best to achieve the union’s goals.
- Identify opportunities to improve data efficiency by streamlining processes and eliminating redundancy.
- Coordinate interdepartmental campaign strategy as it impacts the Field Department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience using and analyzing data, working in labor unions, organizing, and issue and contract campaigns.
- Extensive experience with VAN, Hustle, and other labor database platforms.
- Experience researching and designing winning strategic organizing campaigns.
- Ability to work with people and convey instructions to others.
- Possess a valid Washington driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle, automobile insurance and the ability to travel are mandatory conditions of employment.
- May be called upon to carry and move up to twenty (20) pounds of weight; participates in activities requiring extended periods of standing and sitting, both indoors and outdoors.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills, by reading, writing, and communicating effectively.
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours, including nights and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree in labor relations or related field; or equivalent education/work experience.
- Knowledge and experience with the AFSCME Strong program.
It is expected that selected candidates live within commuting distance of their assigned work location and live within Washington state. This position is overtime exempt and will be required to work some weekends. and may be required to work some weekends. Travel is normally limited to the assigned area of responsibility. Must have a valid driver’s license, use of personal vehicle, and valid vehicle insurance. A motor vehicle report and a background check will be conducted as a condition of employment. Benefits include 12 paid holidays, annual and sick leave, $150 monthly cell phone allowance, $400 monthly vehicle allowance, medical/dental, life, and long-term disability insurance, personal holidays, and more. The salary range is $101,363 to $117,340 and will be determined commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position(s), applicants must submit a resume, letter of interest, and at least three (3) professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your letter of interest should clearly explain how your experience, training, and education make you a viable and competitive candidate for this position.
This position is open until filled; however, it is to the applicant's advantage to apply as early as possible.
The Washington Federation of State Employees is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and equal access in a non-discriminatory manner to its programs and services for all persons without regard to race, creed, color, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, national origin, political affiliation, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or the presence of any real or perceived sensory, mental, or physical disability.
Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or for an alternative format may contact the Human Resource Manager, Tiffany Wright, at (360) 339-5159 or email@example.com. Persons with disability or those who are deaf or hard of hearing can call the Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388. The WFSE complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Federal Form I-9. The selected candidate must be able to provide proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States consistent with the requirements of that form on the first day of employment.